Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

No success after 15 treatments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
iren

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: No success after 15 treatments Reply with quote

No success after 15 treatments. I was asked to reply to the following questions:

- What type of device are you using (manufactorer/model)? Idromed 5 PC
- What areas are you treating (hands, feet, hands+feet together, armpit, other areas)? Both hands and both feet
- Do you treat them with direct current or pulsed current? Pulsed.
--------
For every treated area we need to know:

- Initial Treatment was done every day? Yes for all.
- For how many days (overall treatment days)? 15
- Were there breaks during the Initial Treatment (in days)? No
- How long is the treatment time (in minutes for each session)? 15 minutes for hands. 15 minutes for feet.
- How high is the current for each treated area (please clarify if current is shown in mA or Voltage)? MA of 8 for hands, MA of 13 for feet.Have had to gradually increase, started at MA of 6 for hands, MA of 10 for feet.
- In %, how much better is the sweating than before starting the therapy? 0 %
Only when using the Hidrex PSP1000
- How high is the Pulse Width set for each treated area?
--------
- Does the therapy hurt in parts of the treated areas? And if yes, where? On my hands, feels intense on my fingers.
- Describe the feeling? Itchy and strong tingling.
- Have you got blisters, injuries or cracks on the skin (please describe where, how many)? No
- What do you use to cover them?
- If you cover them, does it hurt anyway?
--------
Only for hand and feet treatment:
- Do treat hands and feet simultaneously? No
- Where do you sweat exactly (soles/sides/top ...)? on hands: palms. On feet: soles, sides and top of toes.
- How high is the water in the trays? Hands: Just enough to cover the palms and just over the fingertips. Feet, Just enough to cover part of the toes.
- Do you regularly use creme on your hands or feet? If yes, what kind of creme? Only after treatment. Petroleum jelly creamy formula enriched with vitamin E. When I do the treatment, I have washed my hands and feet and not put lotion.
--------
- Do you use supplements in the water like soda or salt? No
- Do you take any nutrition supplements like vitamins? Yes, a multivitamin.
- Skin care: If you take cream, wich one do you use? For other parts of my body, I use Aveeno moisturizer after showering.
- Do you take any oral medication (any kind, like Vagatin, Aspirin, etc.) Benicar, activella, prevacid.
--------
- Have you tried Iontophoresis before? If yes, where (clinic, at home)? No.
- If yes, did you have success?
- If yes, what kind of device was it?
- Have you moved since then or have you moved since you started the therapy with the actual device? No.
- Did something change regarding the quality of your water? No.
- Did you install a water softener in your house? No.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there:

- 15 days might be too soon to determine if your going to have success or not. Many customers have to treat more than 3 weeks during the initial phase to achieve 100% dryness.

- Current could be a bit low, if you can handle it, try increasing the current

- Many users also treat each part 30 minutes , instead of only 15 minutes.

- Water level should be as low as possible. Approximately 1 cm should be more than enough! Try it out! By lowering the water level, many users also manage to handle higher current settings

- If you apply lotion after showering, make sure not to do the treatments directly afterwards, since you will still have a residue of cream on your hands. If you want to do the treatment after showering, apply the body lotion after finishing the treatment.

- Some medications or multivitamin pills may have an impact on preventing success. So if there are some that you can stop taking, you can try it out by trial and error and see which ones are affecting your lack of success!

- If you have cuts or blisters on your hands or fingers then you can cover them with nivea creme or vaseline. This way it does not hurt so much!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
iren

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Cannot get MA up Reply with quote

Yesterday, I filled the tubs up to 1 cm of water as instructed. I inserted my hands, and could not get the machine to go higher than an MA of 9, even by turning the dial all the way up. I added a little bit more water, and only then was able to up the MA to 13. On the feet, I left the water at that level, but could not get the machine to go over MA 9. Added some water and got it to go up to 13, but could not get it to go any higher with the dial turned all the way up. Do I need to add more water? Why does this happen? Is it the machine? Thanks.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello iren,

Take a look at this https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/device-doesnt-start-stays-at-0-ma-reaches-not-25-ma-max-t29.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: