Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Feet sweating has decreased, but burning hot feet with shoes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
nicolasandres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Feet sweating has decreased, but burning hot feet with shoes Reply with quote

Hi,

Ive been using the new PSP Pulsed current machine, at PS100 (direct current), for 15 min. and have increased the voltage to 40 the last sessions...every couple of days

I feel the sweating has lowered a bit, but still my feet feel really hot with shoes on...is it a matter of time to regulate temperature given sweating has decreased? should I increase the sessions to every day? 40 volts? change to pulsed current method?

thanks

PS: for everyone with feet hyperhidrosis, check out GEOX Respira shoes which help a little...
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it takes time for Iontophoresis to work properly, the body has to "readjust" itself.
Regarding your question: it is better to use the pulse settings because the current can be increased with this setting --> Iontophoresis current
also we would suggest to read through this --> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-initial-treatment-t326.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri May 22, 2015 7:52 am; edited 4 times in total
lorie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a user of the machine & wanted 2 say my feet are the same way. My feet get real hot with socks & shoes on. I do have complete success of dryness. Our feet being hot must be a normal side affect.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say "hot feet" do you just mean that the feet are warm instead of clammy cold because of too much foot sweat?

There is a difference between having the normal nice feeling of normally warm feet or the feeling that the feet are "burning" hot.

I've never heard of this side effect in conjunction with Iontophoresis all these years and have never heard of it in other sweating forums, maybe we should start a poll for this?
Do you have you the same problem with all kinds of shoes or is it only in sport shoes or shoes with a big % of plastic materials?
For the hot feeling in the shoes you can wear special footgear like thin leather shoes with a thin sole material and self thermo regulating socks like our special silver socks against foot odour , the silver in the fibres is able to lower skin temperature of the feet.

We also have short sneaker socks that are maybe suitable for you, so this could surely reduce the temperature and hot feeling in your shoes. --> Hyperhidrosis wear: silver sneaker socks

Last edited by support on Fri May 22, 2015 7:54 am; edited 3 times in total
nicolasandres

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to respond so late!

Anyway, the feeling is not that nice one/normal warm feet instead of cold sweaty feet; it is a very annoying hot sensation that immediately stops if I take off the shoes.

Regarding the shoe type; Ive already took caution into wearing only leather ones, without any plastic or sinthetic materials. I found that the Geox ones are the best ones, as they have the "Breathing system" with perforated soles and special leather layers to absorb sweat. Definetely worth trying for anyone with feet hyperhidrosise (and they have both formal and cassual shoes).

And Ive also bought socks with copper implants I found with similar benefits as the silver ones (are the silver ones better?). One good tip Ive found (and saw in one page) is that 100% cotton socks are sometimes not the best way to go, but 80% cotton and the rest sinthetic so they feel "slimmer" or lighter...and of course if possible have an extra pair to change around noon...

I also think, and hope, its just a matter of self regulating the body must go through, as now I feel my feet dryer than before (started using the device everyday now); Ive talked to a couple of doctors (general and one dermatologist) and they think the same...

Ill be sure to post any updates or ideas that work to help anyone thats has the same effect..
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think copper must be better than silver as it conducts the heat much better than silver, what is with sandals? is it the same as with shoes? maybe it is a kinda "psycho film"? So does it stop immediately when you take off the shoes or does it decrease slowly after pulling them off?
Is it maybe the shoe itself, have you checked other shoe types?

Last edited by support on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
marcuscent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Burning soles Reply with quote

I have had this burning soles problem for the last 20 years or more. It typically only happens when wearing shoes. It is a little better when wearing Geox shoes but even this is not a cure. With the idromed 5 treatment I have managed to reduce the sweating but the temperature on the soles of my feet can be burning to the touch. I've never tried taking a temperature reading but it feels like I could fry an egg on my soles when I first take off my shoes. I'd love to know what causes it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: