Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Question on initial treatment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
njudunno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Question on initial treatment Reply with quote

If I want to treat both my hands and feet at the same time for the initial treatment, do I need to go past the 15MA recommendation for Idromed? Does doing both my hand and feet at once reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and require me to use higher power?

Oh also 1 silly question, I ordered the Stainless steel electrodes, which are the original manufaturers plates and which are the stainless steel ones? Is the smaller one ( "L" shaped) with pin on the side the stainless steel one or is the bigger one with pin on top the Stainless steel one?

Thanks
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Parallel treatment of hands and feet only makes sense if hands and feet can handle about the same current level. If your feet can handle much more current than your hands, then it doesn't make sense to treat hands and feet together. When doing a simultaneous treatment, you will probably be able to reach only a bit more than you can stand for your hands only. So your feet will not recieve enough current to get satisfying results.
So it's better to see first how much current you can take individually on hands and feet. If the current levels are near each other, then it's no problem to do a parallel treatment. If the current values differ too much, then it doesn't really make sense to do a parallel treatment.

As for the stainless steel electrodes, they are the L-shaped ones. The original ones, from the manifacturer, are the flat ones.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
njudunno

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I have been able to use 20MA for treathing both at same time for the past 6 days. I know the manual said not to exceed 15MA for hands, but at 15 I really don't feel any discomfort. At 20MA it's still bearable and only a bit of tingle, I was going to try going higher this week. I assume the numbers are just guidlines and I should go as high as I can handle correct?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. The 15 mA for hands and I think 20mA for feet are only guidelines. If you don't feel any pain, you can go higher than those guidelines.

And by the way, so sorry for the late answer.... :/

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: