Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

new user for hidrex gs 400

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
ckmny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: new user for hidrex gs 400 Reply with quote

hello there,
i just received the gs400 to treat hands and feet. im not sure what voltage to start with so i began with 10 for feet for 15 mins and then turned it up higher for hands to test out at 20 for 15 mins. think i will go higher for feet next time and do both parts simultaneously.

is there a suggested starting point? i didnt feel much with feet at 10 so im thinking of turning it up to 20, and i felt moderate tingling with hands at 20 but may be able to do more as id like to achieve maximum results.

also, is it better to do hands and feet separately? i am quite small so i think i can fit both feet in one and both hands in one, or one foot and one hand in each. obviously to do it simultaneously would be more ideal for timing reasons but do not want to affect results.

please advise. thank you!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Regarding the voltage, It is very important that it does not hurt. So if you feel pain, then you know the voltage is too high. As long as you just feel a tingling sensation, everything´s ok.

A simultaneous treatment makes the most sense, if you can stand a similar voltage for your hands and feet . I.e. if you can stand only 15V on your hands but 35V for your feet, then the difference is too big. If you do them simultaneously, then you might stand a bit more than 15, but it will be not enough voltage for your feet. So it´s better to treat them together if both hands and feet, can stand a smiliar voltage. The most comfortable solution is to have both feet in one tray and both hands in the other.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
ckmny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your answer. it is very helpful.

is there usually a huge difference btw hands and feet in terms of sensitivity? i imagine feet can withstand a lot more. i think i may start at 25 for both, but please let me know if you have a better suggestion.

also, what would you suggest for frequency for treatment? since i am a new user, am i supposed to treat it every day for a week? and if it lessens after that, how often should i do it? i understand everyone is different but want to figure out a good starting routine so i can tweak it as i see fit.

thanks!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the hands, a pulsed machine would be much better, then we will see what Iontophoreiss current levels you can stand.
For the frequency read this: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-initial-treatment-t326.html

Last edited by support on Fri May 22, 2015 8:15 am; edited 3 times in total
ckmny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how long do i have until i can return the device or exchange it for the pulsed machine?

currently i was able to withstand 20 for hands.

what is more effective the frequency or the time? for simplicity's sake, is 10 mins at 60 volts more or less effective than say 30 mins at 20 volts?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bought the device from us ,we can do this kind of exchange whenever you want, but there are some additional costs for the shipping for this, and if the device has scratches we must have compensation for the damage.

As to your other question regarding iontophoresis eficiency ,you can read more here --> https://www.iontodevice.com/about_iontophoresis.htm

But in short for your example: as long as your iontophoresis breakthrough level (what you need in minumum to achieve dryness) is under the level you mentioned (20V) it should* not matter if you use 20V for 30 or 10 mins at 60 volt, cause both products (min X time) is 600.

As long this is true:
you can achieve dryness with a voltage lower than 20
you can stand 60 V without skin irritations.

*Remember: this is hightly individual, we can only state approximates that we experienced, or from feedback gotten from the users - a lot of this is not scientifically proven.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: