Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Idromed 5 PC does not start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
acdodson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Idromed 5 PC does not start Reply with quote

Marcus,

I have been using the Idromed 5 PC with great success for hands and feet for about 6 weeks or so now. But now I am having problems with one of the electrodes, and it seems my sweating is starting to come back quickly. I am currently using the Idromed every 3 days. When I received the electrodes/plates, they seemed to have been used possibly? The contact paper covering the plates was a bit worn on the edges, and the seemed to be a bit wrinkled like maybe the plates had been scrubbed previously. I didnt think anything of this at the time since I assumed everything would work just fine. Now I can't seem to get the machine to start up most of the time. It turns on but when my hands are in the tubs, it will not start up. I can sometimes move the "plugs" a bit and get it to finally start after many many attempts and frusterations. One of the electrodes in particular now has a white build up on it and seems very very loose, like it might easily come off the attached plates. It bubbles during the entire treatment. I have tried cleaning the plates/electrodes with alcohol and vinegar. I have not changed anything about my treatments, no change in water, no lotions/soaps, etc. I have had someone else try to start up the machine with no success either. I have tried all the ideas listed above and even the "short circuit" will not work many times. Is it normal to have problems with the electrodes after just 6 weeks? Please help!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Do you mean the white plastic foil covering the electrodes? If that foil is still on the electrodes then they are brand new.
Did you remove the foil for your therapy sessions?
Why don´t your try screwing the contact of the electrode a little bit tighter?
Does the therapy not start with the hands or also not with the feet? You followed the short circuit instructions as shown in the pictures and it still didn´t start?

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri May 22, 2015 8:16 am; edited 4 times in total
acdodson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is grey/white sticky paper with blue arrows covering most of the metal plates, I actually thought maybe this was a permanent protective covering and have not removed it. Maybe thats part of the problem? Thats supposed to come off? I looked in the instructions and never saw any information about that, so I left it on.
The edges of the plates where the paper is not covering was slightly discolored when I received them and has since become more discolored.
The electrode plug that is loose wont tighten. I have tried and tried twisting it in both directions and it stays the same, still wiggles around loosely. Its the one that is getting white build-up where the plug and plate connect, and bubbles during the treatments. The other plate/plug appear to be fine.
If the therapy starts with hands, it will also start with feet... I do the treatments back to back. If I cannot get it to start with my hands, my feet wont start it either. I have to try to start the treatment and wiggle the electrodes, etc many many times before I can get it to start up. I have tried the short circuit many times, and actually had to do that a couple times when I first received the Idromed, and it worked then. It does not work to start treatment anymore. It seems the only success in starting treatment is to move the electrodes around, sometimes switch the plugs and wires, etc. I suspect its the one electrode that is causing problems?
These are aluminum electrodes/plates. Would the stainless steel plates be a better solution/option for me? I hate to switch now that I know I can have success with what I am using (assuming I can get the treatment to start like it was in the past).
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sure they have to come off! There should be a piece of paper between the electrodes, saying to remove that foil before starting the treatments.
I´m just wondering that you even got the machine to start at all with the foil still on the electrodes..... Never mind. Take the foil off, then all your problems should be solved. As for the loose electrode, see how it goes. As long as the therapy starts and you´re having success, there is no need to change it.

acdodson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, well I guess the exposed edges of the plates all the way around were enough to get the treatment started in the beginning and now that the aluminum is aging, its having a harder time. Hopefully this will solve the problems with the newly exposed aluminum. I guess the paper stating to remove that was misplaced in my box or moved around...It did travel a long way to get here.
Is there anything additional I should do to try and get the white build-up off the one plug/electrode? I have soaked it in vinegar and tried rubbing alcohol, with no success. Is it ok to scrub it with something used for metal cleaning? I didnt want to scratch the aluminum if it was going to mess it up. Or is it ok that the white build up is just left there? Its only in the location where the round plug meets the metal plate. Very small area, but on both sides of the plate.
Thank you!!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, don´t use anything for metal cleaning. it will only scratch and spoil the electrode!
If it´s just around the connection of the electrode, then don´t worry! This will not affect anything.

Keep it going and once you have a 100% success, we would be very happy about a beautyful success post in our success board!! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: