Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

2nd Iontophoresis Treatment

ABJane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: 2nd Iontophoresis Treatment Reply with quote

Hello~
While the manual and forum offer much help I cannot find answers to my questions.

1. Is mA and Voltage the same thing?

2. 1st treatment my voltage went all the way up to 20v during treatment. I did not feel anything. (hands) But I do have a crack on my finger that was not there before. 15 minutes. Pulsed at 50%.
Even if I don't feel anything is it still doing something to the hands to help with dryness?

3. 2nd treatment my voltage would only go to about 6v. It bounced around a little and by the end of my treatment was down to 3v for the last minutes. Again, did not feel any tingling or anything.

I'm trying and really want this to work but feel a little confused on making sure I am properly working the machine. (my husband with no hyperhidrosis put his hands in and felt tingling)

Thank you.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your husband used it : where did the current go to?

1: mA is not the same as Voltage Voltage is the potential difference of 2 poles, mA is the current strength, for Hidrex we ask users to stay in Volt.
for your 2nd treatment, maybe you have setup mA (switchable)?

3 Cracks you can cover like this: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/why-not-use-vaseline-t150.html

The routine is: no feel and the skin is ok - go up to higher votalge, increase pulse rate corresponding to voltage step by step like this:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-adjust-the-perfect-pulsed-setting-for-hidrex-psp1000-t748.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon May 20, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
ABJane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my husband the volt went up to 20v.

I'm not sure how to tell the difference between mA and Volts. To get back and forth between them on the machine is not clear to me.

If I feel nothing. Do I increase the pulse AND the volts for the next treatment?

Also- regarding the link you sent me about finding the perfect pulse setting, very helpful.
When it says 90% pulse width max volt is 54- that is the maximum it CAN go to but will not necessarily get that high right? The device senses how high our hands can go? Or are you saying we should increase til we feel tingling but not go higher than the 54v?
Thank you!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ABJane,

The electric tension is shown in Voltage (V) and the current strength is shown in milliAmpere (mA). Both determine how much/high/low the current will be. It´s like with a faucet: the waterpressure equals the electric tension and how much you open up the faucet itself (to let the water run) is the current strenght. So the water that flows equals the current. Hope this is a bit clearer! Smile
To switch between Volt and mA you simply press the grey button with the two arrows on it. When the LED light beneath the picture of the two arrows (on the left side) does not shine, then you have the electric tension in Volt. Please note that you have to be on the "Setup-Mode" to be able to change this (see p. 12-13 on the manual).

If you feel nothing, then increase first the Voltage. If you reach the max Volt on this pulse width and you still don´t feel anything, then you can go one pulse width higher.

In principle, the Hidrex PSP can reach its maximum output (60 V @ 35 mA) on each pulsewidth. But this also depends on the persons body resistance. If the Hidrex PSP does not reach the
maximum V or mA you set it to, then this does not mean that the device is defective, instead it means that your body resistance is too low. In this case, it´s the built-in safety mechanism that was automatically turned on, to prevent the user from getting hurt or burned. So yes, the device recognizes your body resistance (= it senses how high your hands can go)
Example: You have a low body resistance of 1 kOhm and you set the machine to its maximum of 60 Volt (doesnt matter which pulsewidth). When the machine reaches 35 V it stopps there and does not go higher. What happened? The built-in safety mechanism was automatically turned on and prevents the machine of going higher than the 35 V. If the device would go up to 60 V @ 1 kOhm, then it would deliver more than the allowed 35 mA and the final output would be so high, that it would harm the user. At 35 V the machine reaches the allowed maximum of 60 V and therefore the maximum allowed output.

In general, you can increase the current until you feel a slight tingling sensation. It does not matter which pulsewidth or what Voltage setting you have. Here you have to listen to your body, start low and then go slowly higher. Once it hurts, it is a sign that the Voltage is too high, so if you feel pain, immediately lower the Voltage again, until you feel only the tingling!
To increase your body resistance, try to stay well hidrated! You can drink a liter of water half hour before the session, this should increase the body resistance and therefor allow you to use higher currents!

Last edited by support on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ABJane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the great information. I continue to work with it, hoping for great results!

Jewelry- When the book says remove all jewelry is that just on the part being treated?
What about metal in a person's mouth from dental fillings and particularly a capped tooth?

Thank you.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dental fillings are no problem if you´re treating hands, feet or armpits. Jewelry has to be removed only from the parts you´re treating.

Last edited by support on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ABJane

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi~
Thanks for the helpful information. I'm still working on this and hoping for dry hands any day now!

Upon arrival my case was cracked. And it is leaking making it difficult to do treatments. I was told a new case would be sent to me. Can we check on that? It sure would be nice to use a non-leaking case for the treatments! Thank you!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We confirm that the new case has been sent. Unfortunately sometimes it takes a little bit longer, so please wait until the end of the week, should it not have arrived by then, please contact us again and we will ship out another case to you.
Please take a look to following link:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/case-of-iontophoresis-device-is-broken-t501.html
If necessary, you can use another plastic case, bowl or bucket.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist