Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

HIDREX PSP 1000 not working properly, maybe broken.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
jeepster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: HIDREX PSP 1000 not working properly, maybe broken. Reply with quote

Hi, I'm writing this because it has been a week since my Hidrex stopped working properly and I'm quite concerned. The problem is that the voltage doesn't go up enough when i do the treatment. The green adapter light is on, the display and the lights are normal in the machine, as if nothing is wrong, and the electrodes have no rust marks or significant scratchs (I dry them with a towel meticulously every time i finish the treatment, besides i only got the machine 4 months ago). But when i place my hands or feet in the trays the display reads 15:00 (zero voltage) for a couple of seconds and then it starts going up, much slower than normal until it reaches about 10-15mA (I set it up to go to 25-30mA).

Another thing that i notice has changed is that for example if i place only my fingertips in the trays the voltage is very low, but when i put my whole hand the voltage goes up (although not higher than 10-15mA, as i said earlier). This never happened before as the voltage remained the same no matter which part of my hands or feet was in the water. I have tried different wall outlets in different houses, cities, even countries! I would like your advice on how to deal with this problem.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us talk in Volts not in mA since Hidrex Iontophoresis devices in the past only showed you the current strength in Volts. Now ,with the psp1000, it is possible to switch between Volts and mA, please use only the Volt display...
How many Volts do you have?

Tell me the Pulse rate, for this.
The device has several safety features built in to prevent you from too much current, maybe your upper skin has gotten too much and you are overtherapied, this is maybe why the fingertips only get a limited current, the same for the rest.

Why we have not heard from you all these weeks ? You bought your device in november. Maybe you shall fill out this:

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/no-limited-success-after-3-weeks-as-stated-in-the-manual-t81.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri May 22, 2015 8:47 am; edited 3 times in total
jeepster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I guess that I never got around to register and post in the forum until now, a bit lazy of me I know, sorry about that. I talked in mA since i saw in the machine that it said V/mA below the intensity display so i thought they were equivalents. So, in volts lately I have been treating myself with 20 min at 25V for my whole hand and an extra 10min at 25V just for my fingertips, all of this at P-100 (which is direct current if I'm not mistaken? I found it to be more effective for me).

I thought too that maybe the safety features prevented the current from being too high, but i tried the device on my feet a couple of days ago (I haven't been treating my feet in the last month) and the same thing happened. I'm thinking of asking another person to do the treatment to see if I'm the problem.

P.D. I do have to add that in spite of this latest difficulty the treatment for me has been excelent. I have been treating my fingertips separatly since I have a bit more trouble in keeping them dry but I can safely say that within a month of treatment i achieved full dryness in my hands most of the time. As I don't treat my feet as regularly as my hands I didn't achieve full dry feet but i did reach an acceptable level of dryness. So in summary, iontophoresis does work for me and i'm very grateful for that.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, then I would say: do use another persons' body to determine that it is not the device . But from here, I can only say: that everything seems to be ok!

As for the current, maybe you only have to clean the electrodes:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/cleaning-and-care-spare-parts-t51.html
there are some additional hints under:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/device-voltage-does-not-reach-the-desired-setting-t316.html

Pulsating current should enable someone to drive higher settings than in direct current iontophoresis mode.
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-adjust-the-perfect-pulsed-setting-for-hidrex-psp1000-t748.html

In general: increased time and/or current result in higher sweat reduction.

Last edited by support on Fri May 22, 2015 8:49 am; edited 3 times in total
jeepster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, and thanks for the previous reply. I tried to use the device on another person, the same thing happened: The current goes up very slowly and reaches very low values. Sadly I think that is safe to say that the device has a problem. Right now it has been 3 weeks since my last proper current treatment, my sweat has come back, and the behavior of the device remains the same. Like I said in earlier posts, all the lights are on and everything seems to be working properly, except that the current doesn't go up enough, both in pulsed and direct current. It was a problem that happened overnight, one day i did the treatment with absolutly no problems and the next day the current intensity changed completly. Do you have any idea on how to solve this? Should I send the device back to you for repair?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before sending the device back, could you please open a new post under "Active Problems" and answer there the questions under following link:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/no-limited-success-after-3-weeks-as-stated-in-the-manual-t81.html

The questions regarding wether you moved or if you changed something in your diet or if you're taking medications are very important. Please try to remember if there were some changes in anything, from the moment the device stopped working properly!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: