Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Idromed adapter problem...need quick solution!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
Mr. Guy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Idromed adapter problem...need quick solution! Reply with quote

Hi,

First of all, the idromed device has continued to work well for me going on 3 years now and I'm very grateful to Markus for the work he is doing helping all with this problem. Here's what my situation is and i'm going to explain it clearly so please bear with me:

When I went back to Canada I purchased the transformer adapter because the device was only powering up to 15 due to the current change. I am now in England en route to starting a new teaching job in the middle east, and went to give myself a treatment today. I plugged the device in and it only went up to 6, but what I think happened is I pulled a brain cramp and only turned the device slightly on, and not realising I had done this, thought the device was not powering up fully. so I plugged in my transformer adapter for north america, and obviously the excess current caused problems because the transformer adapter started to smoke and was essentially fried.

The big problem is now, when i plug the idromed in (with a standard universal plug adapter as i've always done to adapt the German plug), the green light of the idromed adapter doesn't go on and thus the unit won't turn on. keep in mind that when i initially plugged it in this way (before i stuck the north america transformer adapter in and screwed it up), the green light went on and the machine did as well.

now one thing that is important..i never turned the unit on when i plugged the transformer adapter in and it started to smoke, and as a result i'm hoping i didn't fry the unit since it was never on...but obviously the standard adapter had something happen to it because as i said, the green line doesn't go on and it doesn't work.

so my question is, do you think with the transformer adapter getting fried, that it simply fried the idromed adapter along with it which is why the green light doesn't go on and it doesn't work...or have i really screwed up and fried the whole unit as well? please advise as soon as possible as i'm heading to start this new job, and without this unit to help me out, the stress that will be created for me will be enormous. Also, if the unit is ok and only the adapter is fried, is it possible to buy an adapter for this device here in England at an electronics store, or do I need to order one from Markus because it is particular?

I don't mean to be pushy but without the unit working and starting a new job will be/is huge stress and i want to do whatever i can to replace whatever needs to be replaced as soon as possible.

Thank you so much...you should know that i have many health challenges and your unit is the only thing that has ever helped me with anything out of all the therapies i've tried.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you use a 110 to 240 volt convertor and plug this in a 240 walls outlet the convertor will merge the 240 volt to 480
this is a bit too much for the Idromed 5 PC Rolling Eyes
this leads to a kentucky fried adaptor...Smile

However ,if you haven`t powered on the device (i think you have the model idromed 4 - right? this has also a manual footswitch in the cable -> if yes , nothing has happened to the iontophoresis unit
if you got a idromed 5 -> i don`t think the Iontophoresis machine has a problem, but this must be determined.

What I think has happened is that too high a voltage has grilled the fuse of your device, hopefully this is all, but I do not think it is more, so first do NOT PANIC !

In this case, please visit an electric store, they can change the fuse of the walls plug and simply plug it in and see if the walls plug led is on.

If not, the whole device has to be sent back, or we collect it in the UK.
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/the-device-is-defective-what-shall-i-do-ship-it-back-t182.html

That the device only went up to 6 is somehow strange, I have only two ideas why this happened or how this could happen: maybe a weird constellation of uncleaned electrodes, false skin care and strange water quality can cause this, but I've never heard of this, or - the adaptor has a very bad connection and high resistance (sometimes adaptors have this problem )

You can check the device yourself when you take another 240/ 24 volt power source like from a laptop ( But the plug at the Iontophoresis machine must be the same).
If it swithes on all should be ok - don't take another power source for Iontophoresis treatments because the power source of the Idromed is a medically approved power supply, another source may harm you...

If the power source has to be changed: for the UK we are able to ship fast within 2 days, either through local partners or via dpd european express.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Sat May 23, 2015 1:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Mr. Guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markus,

ok here is my situation. i'm only in london till tomorrow night (monday) but i should have some free time in the afternoon. i have located an electrical store and am going to take the unit and the adaptor in with me. i will try and get them to check 2 things:

1) first i will see if they can plug a standard 240/24 volt with the same plug as the idromed (i have the idromed 5) if they have one to check and see if the device is working. if they don't have one then unfortunately i won't be able to check if something has happened to the device. i will not purchase any adaptor or give myself any treatments..this will only be to see if the device is working as you have suggested.

2) i will also see if they can change the fuse of the adaptor like you suggest to see if that fixes the problem.

hopefully the store can help me determine the problem. if not, i will try and ship the device back to you tomorrow before leaving london for replacement/repair of any needed parts and problems. i bought this from you i think over 2 years ago and no longer possess any of the paperwork/warranties, although it should still fall under the 4 year idromed warranty if that is how long it is covered...anyways you should have the date of purchase in your records. regardless though, i will simply have to go through the necessary steps for the period of time it will take, and you can ship it to me in saudi arabia where i will be working. i will be willing to pay whatever cost, both for repair and shipping, to get this done as quickly as possible as the idromed for me is extremely important to my wellbeing.

if you feel there is anything i have left out or anything else to suggest about this plan, please let me know. thank you as always for your support. when i have time and get set up in my new job with internet in my apartment (i'm not sure how long this will take) i will update my success story on the new site to share with others struggling with this problem.

P.S. Regarding the sending it back part, you said that you "collect it in the UK"...but on that link you posted it only refers to shipping it back. How does the collection in the UK work, because obviously if I have to send anything back to you this would be much better for me as I can leave it with my brother in London for collection.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Whichever way is more comfortable for you. If you prefer us having the device picked up, then please let me know with whom and under which address, so I can call DPD right away and place the pick up order. If not, you can simply send the machine and the mains plug back to us yourself. Either way, please remember to pack the unit well, so it doesn´t get more damaged during shipping! Smile

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: