Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

dry as a bone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
fleesy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: dry as a bone Reply with quote

i have been using this iontophoresis machine for about 3 weeks now and my hands have practicaly shiveled up they have become so dry. i started doing them for 15 minutes every second day after they were dry, but now they have started sweating like mad even thought they are still cracked, should i do lonbger every second day or do it every day?. i have also been doing my feet for 3 weeks but nothing is happening. i do them for 15 minutes every day. should i do them even longer and higher ma every day?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fleesy,
Your dry hands (and the resulting cracks) are a sign of a over therapy, this is either because of a too high current or a too long treatment time, so your upper skin is dry as a bone while under this too dry skin the sweat glands produce sweat on the old level making it impossible to turn up the current to the wished settings due to the cracks. These cracks are low resistance and so most of the current goes through these areas and where you have to have the iontophoresis effect there is now suddenly a low current level, resulting in the sweating returning to old levels.
This is the bad side of the medal when having a real powerful iontophoresis machine that causes not this bad intense current therapy feeling, with this you are able to use the highest currents and this can end in a over iontophoresis therapy. This is not common but in some cases when e.g. you don't need to have just a low iontophoresis current it can be (in the beginning) counter productive through a over therapy effect. When you have figured out your best treatment shedule https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-maintenance-treatment-t25.html you surely will be happy with your powerful iontophoresis machine that is able to provide you lowest therapy times.
One of the ideas of a powerful iontophoresis machine with low current feel is that when you found your level of "Current X Time", you only have to spend a little time for the treatments, instead of treating hours and hours compared to many other iontophoresis machines.

Perventing a too dry upper skin is also a issue of care, you may use our special developed iontophoresis aftercare lotion.
To cover cracks, you used vaseline as mentioned in the post - we would recommend another thing:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/why-not-use-vaseline-t150.html
You may use this product tip as stated in the closed section of the forums to maybe achieve the initial higher mA levels.

If it is too painful to tolerate the current, lower the mA level to a tolerable setting.
If not, follow this and answer the questions and we'll take a closer look at your issue:

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/only-limited-success-after-3-weeks-like-stated-in-the-manual-t81.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: