Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

partial success

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
blt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: partial success Reply with quote

I seemed to get pretty good results after 15 30-minute treatments of hands and feet at level 6 (15ma) but after continuing with this regimen for another 10 days still will sometimes experience dripping sweat. I am hesitant to treat at higher levels because at level 6 I sometimes get small burn blisters on my hands and feet. How dry should I expect my hands and feet to get? Would you recommend the pulsed current unit to treat at higher levels w/o getting blisters?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: blisters Reply with quote

With the pulsed current you will be able to choose higher settings, but for your problem I have send you a private message.

If you want, we can exchange the AC-device for a PC-device. Just give me a shout.

Why don't you use the priority support forum? There, you will find the answer. I have set you up for access to the closed section. Additionally, I have sent you a private message concerning your troubles.

All the best,
Markus

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
blt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Update on partial success--now experiencing complete dryness Reply with quote

After about a month of using the Idromed4 DC unit on my hands and feet with only partial success and some skin sensitivity, I decided to buy the PC unit for gentler treatment at higher currents. However, I continued to treat my hands and feet together with the DC unit at 15 mA for 30 minutes every day while waiting for the PC unit to arrive. In less than a week's time (before the PC unit arrived) I was experiencing dryness and without skin sensitivity to treatment. Since then, I have been using the PC unit at 19 mA for 30 minutes every other day and so far this seems to maintain the dryness.

I am very thankful to Markus for his quick responses to my emails and for making these great products available for those of us suffering with hyperhydrosis. In the past, I have used Drionics and Drysol with little to no effect (and after researching surgical options and risks involved) had thought I 'd just have to live with this condition and its limitations. Luckily, I happened upon the iontophoresis website and decided it was worth a chance. So, I would encourage anyone who has not yet tried the Idromed4 to go ahead and buy it--it is well worth the money and time you will invest. And for those of you who are just starting your treatments, keep at it and you will soon experience the dryness you desire!
jackal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: partial dryness, anyone? Reply with quote

anyone out there experiencing "patches" of dryness on the palms??

....ive been using the 5 GS for about 24 days now, nearly 32 sessions total as Ive done 45 minute sessions for a couple days. Average mA used was 15 but I'm now up to 20, starting today. I have about 80% dryness on my right hand and 60% on my left (because the + electrode is used more on my right hand where it matters) whats bothering me is that my Hyperhidrosis isnt severe, why is it taking so long? I used salt in the water for 4 days of the 32 sessions, im starting to grow desperate as I've noticed most people experience 100% dryness in 10-15 sessions. Still I wont quit...just wondering if anyone out there is having the same experience with partial dryness after many sessions.....
jackal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: getting there... Reply with quote

Ok, so it's now been exactly a month and God knows how many sessions (40?) and I finally have nearly 100% dryness. I want to say 100% but theres a slim line of moisture around the middle line in my palms but its NOTHING compared to my pre-ionto sweat, and I'm sure it'll go away after a couple more sessions. I'm currently doing one session every 2 days to build up tolerance before going a week without doing anything at all. I'm using 20ma, 20 minutes with a switch in polarity after 10 minutes. If I could suggest one thing to future users, or those struggling, try boosting up the mA to as much as you can...it seemed 20 really did the trick for me.

It'll be interesting to see how long I can go without maintenance. Markus, I will write a success story once I finish my first real maintenance session. Thank you for everything and good luck to everyone.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but jackal, this is the main problem for the direct current device users -- they can't go to the max values, because it hurts. So, if you had chosen a pulsed current device, the success would be faster because you would have been able to withstand 25 mA without a problem.

Thanks for your post in advance. Inside the closed forum, there is also a tip for the "line" who still is sweating, the post is called:

"Only-certain-areas-are-dry-hands-and-feet"

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: