iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Iontophoresis for home alone usage

support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Iontophoresis for home alone usage Reply with quote

We always recommend to take a PULSED CURRENT (PC) Iontophoresis machine, even for feet treatment and specially for axilar and hands treatment. Under this link you´ll find more information about this topic:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/iontophoresis-pulsed-current-better-than-direct-current-t139.html
https://www.iontodevice.com/tap-water-iontophoresis.htm

Hidrex and Idromed are designed for home alone usage:
1) you set the therapy strenght
2) place the hands in the trays
3 the device recognized when the hands are in the trays
4) the iontophoresis device slowly increases the iontophroesis current to your settings (in point 1)
5) after a certain time (idromed fix 15 min, Hidrex adjustable from 1
60 minutes) it decreases the current automatical to zero
6) you can take out the hands

If you want to adjust the strength of the current between the treatments, you can do this by getting out of the trays - then you can increase or decrease the current, or you may dial with 1 finger while the othesrs remain in the trays, as you wish...

Quote:
I am contemplating buying an Idromed 5 DC device

I would like to know whether it is possible to use the iontophoresis appliance alone, that is, without the help of others, when using the appliance on one's hands. I am asking because I currently have an iontophoresis appliance which must be operated by another person than the one being treated.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu May 23, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
DerMeister2k

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for answering my question.

Quote:
If you want to adjust the strenght of the current between the treatment, you can do this by getting out the trays - then you can in or decrease the current, or you may dial with 1 finger whilst the othes remain in the trays, like you want...

Just to be 100 % sure: Does the above mean that I can remove my hands from the tray and use the dial during the treatment? I am talking about the Idromed 5 DC Device (I am NOT talking about the Pulsed Current device. I don't think I need the PC since I already have a iontophoresis device that produces a considerable amount of "pain" so I think I am seasoned Smile )
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure you can take out the hands, no problem, Idromed in both variants, pulsed and direct, doesn't have the ugly electric fence effect. I would bet that your actual device will "flash" you each time you try this, right?

As for the strength:
.. does the device you use now have 1800 units of Iontophroesis power too?

25mA@72V@2koOhms ?

If not, and I would bet that it is not this powerful, you cannot imagine how a strong current feels compared to the device you use now and compared to the pulsating one.

The Iontophroesis formula: more current - more effect - shorter treatment times leads to a pulsed device.

And : Pulsating Current for Iontophoresis has less side effects, so this is really a good idea: why hurt yourself when for a little more money you can avoid the pain? And: the Idromed pulsed machine has a 2 years longer warrantee at the moment than the direct current one...

Last edited by support on Sat May 16, 2015 9:08 am; edited 2 times in total
DerMeister2k

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

support wrote:
i would bet your actual device will "flash" you each time you try this, right?

That's right.

support wrote:
For the strenght

.. has the device you use now 1800 units of iontophroesis power too?

25mA@72V@2koOhms ?

if not, and i would bet it is not this powerful, you cannot imagine how a strong current feels compared to the device you use now and compared to he pulsating one

The iontophroesis formula: more current - more effect - shorter treatment times leads to a pulsed device

The device I currently use is actually my father's so I don't have it with me right now. I don't know what amount of "units of iontophoresis power" it has but I actually remember that the number 1800 (or maybe it is 1200...?) is printed on the dial. Maybe that's a reference to the "units of iontophoresis power"? The device is VERY old (at least 20 years) and it was custom-made for my father by his doctor or something like that.

My current treatment goes off like this: I do 12 mA for 10 minutes with the current going "one way". Then I "turn over" the current and do another 10 minutes with the current going "the other way" (I don't know the technical terms). The effect lasts for 2-3 weeks. Maybe I should add that I don't believe I suffer from hyperhidrosis (I have not seen a doctor regarding this) - my palms are just generally moist. I know there is probably not a clear line between hyperhidrosis and not hyperhidrosis but from what I hear, I think I am not so hard hit.

With the Idromed devices, there is no "turning over" the current, right?

I don't know if the above information is usable in deciding which device to buy - especially when you don't know the voltage and the resistance of the current device. I just honestly can't imagine that a brand new device could be any worse than the one I am currently using.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean polarity change: our device do not change the polarity automatically (and this is good) .
For more info please read
Iontophoresis automatical polarity switch
However even with moist hands you can speak of Hyperhidrosis as well because that's what it is : Hyper (more or too much) hydrosis (sweating), although you are right, that is a really low level of Hyperhidrosis...
You have to know which device you want to choose, but for your purpose you are right: For this low treatment level, 12 mA and a treatment frequency of every 3 weeks you could really take also the direct current device. I was refering to the average user, taking the devices up to the highest settings while doing 30 minutes treatment a week, or even longer... however in the case of Idromed: 161 EUR uptake at the moment for 24 months more warrantee and maybe a much better resell price on the market WITH a better and smoother treatment is an idea too...

Here we have a bit of a closer view for your wished item: Idromed[/url]

Last edited by support on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
DerMeister2k

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

i have now received the DC device. I have two questions.

I am confused by the fact that on page 3 of the manual it says "During treatment the electric circuit needs to be completed constantly, i.e. maintain at least one hand or foot in each tub" and there is a warning sign. This seems to contradict what you have stated in response to my question as to whether it was possible to take out the hands of the tub while the treatment was in progress.

On page 7 it says: "Whilst adjusting the current, hands may be taken out of the treatment tubs and while the unit is still running without any danger." As far as I can see, this is exactly the opposite of what was stated on page 3, and it confirms what you have stated above.

Which is true?

The two cables each read "-" and "+". Must the "-" cable be connected to the "-" connection on the device, and the "+" cable connected to the "+" connection on the device?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

1) You're right, it sounds a little bit confusing... the main thing is that you can adjust the current settings yourself, without assistance. To do that you normally need only one hand. So you can maintain the other hand in the tray. If you want to stop the treatment, you should take out of the tub first one hand and then the second and not both at the same time!

2) Correct: "-" to "-" and "+" to "+"

Last edited by support on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
DerMeister2k

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thank you for answering.

I have just requested membership of the "Iontophoresis Users" group. However, I signed up for this profile with an e-mail address which is different from the one I used to order the device. I cannot change my e-mail address here on the forums in my profile.
Could you please accept my membership anyway as I don't want to create a new user?

Thanks in advance.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Now you should have access to the Iontophoresis users group! The email address in our system was the same!! (for order and membership request) so, no problem!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist