Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Iontophoresis Treatment Strength

Karzie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Iontophoresis Treatment Strength Reply with quote

I have an Idromed 5 DC and am treating both hands and feet at the same time. As suggested on the instruction manual, I am setting the current to 25mA.

Would treating my hands and feet separately (with 15mA and 20mA respectively) result in a stronger treatment?

Thank you.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Karzie, this is somehow a bit more complicated than it seems to be at first.

The idea behind your request is - as I think- this:

When you treat hands and feet seperately you have a stronger current because the current is focused only on the hands or feet.
Treating seperately leads to smaller treated areas and as a result , the current is that % stronger in the smaller area .

This statement only applies when your bodys resitance is higher than the device can deliver according to the medical regulations. The devices we offer have the strongest allowed current at a 2 Kohms resistor
25mA@72V@2Kohm .

This means, if you have a a 4 kOhm body resistance the formula would be:
25mA@36V@4Kohm

In theory, and in this single case you would truly have a higher current.

e.g.
hands have 350 cm2
feet have 500 cm2

This would lead to 850 cm2 in total when treating both together.

This would be a spread of 25 mA to 850cm2.
Treating only feet leads to a
25mA on 500cm2= 0,05mA per cm2 instead of having
25mA on 850cm2= 0,029 mA per cm2 appr 70% more power
in therory:
- Because of the the fact that a larger area has a lower resistance, this is equalized in the same way due to the lower resistor (the body).

The above sentence is only applicable when you have a lower resistance than 2 kOhms (which is unusual, the average is around 3 kohms).

Having a lower than a 2 kOhms resistance leads to maxium possible current .If it is lower, the device will go into a "security" setting, preventing maximum power e.g. when you have cuts or burns - a sensibel security option) and on the other hand , a regulated maximum device output in accordance with medical rules .

To maintain water in the skin - and the resulting Iontophoresis positive body resistance - which is defined by skin thickness and water as a current conductor - it is a good idea to use a Iontophoresis compatible cream after therapy like Current Care available in our shops.

Conclusion: It highly recommended to have a professional, powerful Iontophoresis device.In the first place , this makes it possible to use higher currents. The rest is a "self-regulating" routine. The therapy setups differ only in "extreme" cases, so when you have a good setup at 25 for both hands and feet with the + pole for the feet (has the more sweat reduction effect) AND having an effect, there is no need to do it seperately, otherwise it would be different if you could e.g. only go to 10 as it begins to tingle on the hands and you feel nothing on the feet - with no sweat reduction for the plants - then a seperate treatment would make sense.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:43 am; edited 5 times in total
Karzie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. However, I still have some concerns as to how I should proceed with my iontophoresis.

I have performed a total of 10 treatments in 10 consecutive days. I have always treated both hands and both feet simultaneously, with the current set to 25mA.

For the 1st 5 treatments, I used the + pole for the hands, and - pole for the feet. For the other 5 treatments, I switched polarity and used the - pole for the feet, and the + pole for the hands.

So far, I haven't seen any improvement whatsoever.

Would you suggest that I start treating my hands (@ 15mA) and feet (@ 20mA) separately?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is no improvement so far, then it might be a good idea to start treating your hands and feet separately.
Hands: Since you have a DC device, I don´t know if you´re going to tolerate 15mA from the beginning.As stated in the manual, it is always a good idea to start at the lowest setting, you can still go higher till you start to feel a slight current sensation.
There is no need to start with full power, it is mostly counter productive if you experience pain and you want to stand it. You should feel nothing, and if you should feel something it should only be a slight current sensation, not more!
Feet: Here´s the same, start low and if you don´t feel anything, you can go higher.
Hands and Feet: The treatment should not hurt. Doesn´t matter if you can stand only 12ma for hands and 20mA for feet, that´s ok, that´s the most your body can take for the moment. So if you´re increasing the current and it starts hurting, then lower the current a bit again, and that should be the perfet setting for you. How long are your treatment times at the moment? If it´s possible, try to treat half hour your feet and half hour your hands. How high is the water in your trays? Remember, the lower the better! See this https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-high-shall-i-fill-in-the-water-in-the-trays-t145.html

Keep it up and us updated on how it goes!

Last edited by support on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Karzie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Fingertips still sweat Reply with quote

I followed your suggestions and started filling the trays following the tips in the internal board of water each and treating my hands and feet separately (15mA and 20mA respectively).

I immediately started seeing some improvement, with parts of my hand keeping dry.

After about 5 treatments, my hands were almost completely dry. My feet aren't sweating at the moment (it's Winter), so I'm just treating my hands once a week.

My hands are really really dry (white skin peeling off). BUT my fingertips swill sweat. My fingers are dry, except for the top "third" part.

What do you suggest? I don't want to keep drying out my hands, but I want my fingertips to stop sweating!

Thank you.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congradulations that you are having success with your Iontophoresis machine, for the sweating fingers you may follow this:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/treating-finger-tips-t544.html

Please give others in the web a testimonial for your Iontohoresis success and how you think about this sweat reduction way
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/success-board-f2.html

When your skin is stressed because of Iontophoresis treatments it is a good idea to maintain a good humidity level with a proven product:iontophoresis aftercare

Last edited by support on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Karzie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Treating Fingertips Reply with quote

ok i see - an easy hint for the fingertips... And I set the current to (for example) 5mA?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the 2nd post of :
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/treating-finger-tips-t544.html
there is a detailed tip for current setup .

Remember: as I cannot see the exact rate between treated and untreated area, and because I cannot feel what you feel during the treatment, I cannot not say anything about how high to set the current. You have to figure it out yourself. Listen to your body, the calculation is only a "for the most users a good tip" - also the calculation is easy and I am sure you can figure out the best strength with this calculation and your own experience...

Last edited by support on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Karzie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Cannot get my fingertips dry after months Reply with quote

I have been treating my fingertips every day for two months and still can't get them dry - not even a slight improvement Sad

For my hands, I'm following the "magic number" routine suggested at https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-maintenance-treatment-t25.html and at the moment I'm on a schedule of 2 days break and 1 day treatment.

However, the "top third" of all my fingers still sweats profusely. While I'm really happy that I've had success with the rest of my hand, it's still cumbersome to do certain stuff (like typing!).

I used to do 15 minutes @ 5mA daily, with just my fingertips in the water. I am now doing 30 minutes @ 6mA. Even on days when I treat my hands @ 15mA, I still do an extra 15 minutes @ 6mA just for the fingertips.

Do you have any suggestions for treating my fingertips?

Thank you.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We go internal --> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/karzie-t795.html

adamdjmax

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there! I would like to know if you figured out a way to cure sweaty fingertips. I also suffer from the same problem as Karzie does. However I have no access to your "internal" post. :(
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you only have access if you match this:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-sign-in-for-the-personal-priority-support-t312.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist