Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Iontophoresis for children

Mel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Iontophoresis for children Reply with quote

Hi there
I am looking to buy a machine for my 9 year old daughter who has severe hyperhidrosis on her hands and feet. She also gets dermatitis at times - mostly from her skin being wet all the time. Is the Idromed 5 PC able to be used in Australia? Does it come with very clear instuctions? Is it simple to use? Would this be the best machine for me to purchase?
We have seen 3 doctors who recommended iontophoresis but none actually have used the machines themselves and cannot instruct me. I dont want to hurt my little girl by using it incorrectly.
Thanks
Mel
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mel,
You can use the Hidrex and the Idromed in Australia, no problem.
The instructions for the Idromed are self explanatory and lead you through the Iontophoresis therapy sessions.
I think for a child it is perfect, but on the other hand I think you should be at her side when she treats to help her with the right session strength, and you can help her set the adjustments. For this, both devices would be good and maybe the new Hidrex iontophoresis machine PSP1000 is the one which can be better tuned for the needs of a child. The Hidrex PSP 1000 has the ability to adjust the rate between pause (no current) and Pulse settings too, so maybe this is the one wich can be tuned better to the needs of your child. The routine is an easy one for both : You begin with the smoothest current form (Idromed pre adjusted, or Hidrex PSP with a rate of 50:50, adjustable in 10% steps up to 100% - for 100% this would mean: No pause in the pulserate, and as a result : complete Direct current) and stop increasing the Iontophoresis current as soon as she feels a slight tingling sensation. Especially when children are hurt (by too strong a current, or a painful Iontophoresis current) they could be frightened off for further treatment trials - they can sometimes be so frightened of this painful current that they will not go near Iontophresis for a long time . This can be avoided by using the good and smooth machine, so I can fully recommend the Hydrex machine to you - but only if you assist your child in the setup of the machine- otherwise the Hidrex is definetly too complicated for a child to setup. The Idromed is better if you can't be there for the setup.
In the priority forum we have detaild routines for this and we will be glad set you up fro the priority Iontophroesis support after the buy over our pages.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Sat May 16, 2015 9:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Mel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Iontophoresis for children - which machine Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I have ordered the Hidrex PSP 1000
mel
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem! We recieved the order and the device is leaving today.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist