Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

two weeks poor results advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
kelly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: two weeks poor results advice Reply with quote

Hello i ve been using hidrex for 2 weeks with poor results and i would like to ask you some questions that may help

1)is the use of the towels during the therapy necessary or without them maybe a better result?
2)does baking soda help the therapy cause i ve noticed some scars on the stainless steel is soda responsible for it and is the steel damaged so easily?
3)i changed polarity nearly every day shouldn't i?
4)what about the height of water cause i added enough to cover the backs an d the sides of the feet as i have sweating there as well but i thouhgt maybe it is to much for the electricity to be effective.should i increase the voltage in that case?
5)how many days do i have to wait to see results?i have already done about 12 sessions with 2 days break at one time or two on my feet with 100% current and 35 voltage.i did yesterday the first therapy on my palms with 100% current 32 volts and today i feel they sweat a bit more.is that possible?

all these made me think maybe i have made mistakes and i am a bit woried i am not having much of a result could you please advise me?thanks in advance.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kelly,

1) Is the use of the towels during the therapy necessary or without them maybe a better result?
Yes, it is absolutely necessary. If you don´t have something between the electrode plates and your skin, you might get hurt or burned.

2) Does baking soda help the therapy cause i ve noticed some scars on the stainless steel is soda responsible for it and is the steel damaged so easily?
Not in every case. For the beginning we recommend using only regular tap water.

3)i changed polarity nearly every day shouldn't i?
Read here https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-often-do-i-have-to-change-the-polarity-t74.html

4)what about the height of water cause i added enough to cover the backs an d the sides of the feet as i have sweating there as well but i thouhgt maybe it is to much for the electricity to be effective.should i increase the voltage in that case?
You could try reducing the water level. the lower the water the better. If you sweat on the sides or on top of your hands and feet, then use a wet piece of cloth to cover those parts, the cloth should be in contact with the water. The current will go through the wet cloth and you don´t have to increase the water. Please read also here https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-high-shall-i-fill-in-the-water-in-the-trays-t145.html

5)how many days do i have to wait to see results?
This depends. Iontophoresis is very individual, some see improvemente after 1 week, others after 4 weeks. The important thing is to continue the daily treatments until you have a 100% improvement, no matter how long this takes. Please read here https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/introduction-to-iontophoresis-initial-treatment-t326.html

i have already done about 12 sessions with 2 days break at one time or two on my feet with 100% current and 35 voltage.i did yesterday the first therapy on my palms with 100% current 32 volts and today i feel they sweat a bit more.is that possible?
Increased sweating at the beginning is normal. Regarding the current (at least for you hands), why don´t you treat with 90% pulse widht, this would be pulsed current? 100% equals direct current and might be too painful. You can use 90% also for your feet. The treatment with pulsed current is much smoother than direct current.

Please read also this:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-adjust-the-perfect-pulsed-setting-for-hidrex-psp1000-t748.html

And you can watch this too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb6XnLsKTs4

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:15 am; edited 3 times in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kelly, can you make an update?

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: