Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Success using Hidrex PSP 1000 at day 18

yacine541

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Success using Hidrex PSP 1000 at day 18 Reply with quote

Hello,

First I would like to start by telling my story before elaborating into greater details about my treatments. I have had primary Hyperhidrosis which is of the palms, soles and armpits from a young age like most people on here. My problem started to get worse as I aged into my adulthood life, but particularly throughout my university years as an engineering student. I spent most of my teenage years in the Middle East, so you can imagine how that didn’t help at all, which to be fair it won’t even make a much of a difference since the sweating can happen at all times, even on the coldest winters or even relaxing on your own sofa. But I have noticed that I sweat more when I am aware/focused, stressed or feeling hot. I don’t even want to mention social meetings/activities, clubbing or being out around people and dreading shaking hands makes it even worse. Just thinking about shaking hands or touching items makes me anxious and that in return makes me sweat even more. Now I like being around people, even around strangers but at the same time Hyperhidrosis gives me social anxiety which is something contradicting happening at the same time. It had many great impacts on my life, and only people familiar with Hyperhidrosis will understand the nightmares that come with Hyperhidrosis such as writing, typing, driving, avoiding handshakes/holding hands or wearing flip flops in summer.

I did terrible in some of my exams because of my hands sweating and delayed getting behind the wheel just to avoid the embarrassment, my wardrobe included mainly of black tops or undershirts and avoiding taking off hoodies and jackets for the sake of not revealing my huge sweaty pits marks. I would also like to mention the sneaky hand wipe I did before shaking hands but even with that they would still be slightly moist, sometimes I even caught the other person sneakily wipe their own hand on their pants after shaking mine which was kind of embarrassing as well, or not wanting to touch papers and writing on paper in front of others. So I tried Aluminium Chloride (Driclor) for my armpits, which works very well and keeps me dry there for another week, but it didn’t work for my hands so I went on the next step and injected my hands with Botox. The Botox injections were an instant regret since not only it cost me 900 Dollars for a treatment that lasted 3-4 months, but also I would say that I was only 60-70% dry, not to mention the drowsiness and dream-like state for 5-6 consecutive days promptly after the injections. Few years passed by and then I started to search for other solutions, I heard about Iontophoresis before but I was still very doubtful yet very desperate. Although it is stated that it had a minimum of 80% success rate, yet nobody was sure how it worked or it was more likely speculated that it numbs your hyperactive nerves, I was still reluctant. I started snooping around on many Hyperhidrosis forums until found Markus forums, which were extremely helpful and I am very glad that I did.

The support team was very helpful, considerate and prompt. The reasons why I went for them was because of the prompt service they gave on their forums also their guarantee, I even saw that many people have passed their money back period yet still got their moneys if they failed with their treatments which also was a very minority because according to my own observation it really depends on how it is used, therefore the treatments are custom to your own body/threshold or other factors just like finding a perfect workout program for specified personal goals. Even though I found the device very expensive, I was very desperate however, and Hyperhidrosis had already a profound impact on my confidence so I started saving up and bought the device which it arrived within 10 days. I had nothing to lose, I had a guarantee even if I passed my 8 week period, because Markus gave an impression of an honest business man that he himself suffers from the same problem and it was not all about business to him. I saw a great customer-Merchant relationship and went for it. My treatment was a success for my hands after a period of 18 consecutive days, which could have been even shorter due to my patience and trials with the settings. I didn’t start my feet yet, but I am going to start right after I post this. My palms are 100% dry and I am still in disbelieve that I have dry hands even at stressful world cup games haha. Now I need to get me some cotton gloves to treat the back/upper sides of my fingers and the connecting region between my lower forearm and bottom palm. I know I need to use a lower voltage for those areas than that for the palms. I am also posting my hands’ treatment log which has been 5 days since I finished the preliminary treatment period and still 100 % dry. I have to admit that this was the greatest investment of my life so far and I hope it lasts as long as possible.

So I hope you will find this helpful and I wish you all the best if any of you who read this decides to start the treatments. My hands’ treatment sessions and notes are as follows:

Day1, 25/05/2014, 15 mins-P70-20V, Notes: The current seems to be stronger at the build-up but nothing was uncomfortable just the feeling of the build-up but once it reaches the volts set up, it seems to disappear and only a slight needle feeling. Right hand with Red (+ve), left hand (-ve), water level at 333ml.Water hardness is strong in my area so no problem.

Day2, 26/05/2014, 20 mins-P80-20V, Notes: Slight needle sensation during treatment and itching for approx 5mins after treatment. Same polarity positions as before but with a slight increase in water level to cover more sweaty areas, at 425ml of room temperature tap water.

Day3, 27/05/2014, 20 mins-P80-20V, Notes: Slight needle sensation during treatment, and itchy sensation for approx 5mins after treatment. Tried to go up to P90 with >20v but it was painful at the build-up even at 20V (P90), may be after few more treatments at P80 20v. Unchanged polarity, and same water level as previously. 24 hour period between each session. The day before I sweat a lot from my palms, I didn’t know if it was actually because I was out with warm weather but cloudy or just the signs of treatment taking effect.

Day4, 28/05/2014, 20 mins-P80-20V, Notes: Current felt weaker after building up to volts. Tolerated the initial build-up very well, hence I will try at a 90% pulsed current on my next session. I also used slightly more water (450 ml) with warmer temperature to cover more sweaty areas and decrease the water resistance to the current by making it warmer.

Day5, 29/05/2014, 20 mins-P90-20V, Notes: I was surprised of how the build-up was slightly stronger than the previous session. Perhaps, I will increase the current’s strength to 22 volts. Today, the weather has been fairly warm, hence the sweating taking place but there is a big spot just under the axial line from where the thumb starts that is drier than the rest of my right hand, however, not so much on my left hand but it’s not very sweaty. It is still premature for everything but I think the treatment is starting to work thankfully. Let’s hopefully wait for it to be 95% dry.

Day6, 30/05/2014, 20mins-P90-22V, Notes: Build-up was same intensity as previous treatment, however there was a slight discomfort at the first 3-4 mins of the treatment, it was similar to a slight burning/needle like sensation. Today 31/5/2014, was a warm day and I haven’t sweat all day even after being out in the sun and doing physical work. My feet, face and chest (normal) were sweating but not even that much as when my hands used to sweat. I think my feet didn’t sweat too much due to decreased anxiety as a result of not sweating from my palms. Even the back of my fingers didn’t sweat at all, not sure if treatment is completely taking effect or just my nervous system was totally relaxed today. Looking forward for the coming days. Update: my right hand is 85% dry but my left hand is 40% semi-dry, where I can see semi-dry areas in the latter, that are areas that sweat noticeably less than others.

Day7, 31/5/2014, 20mins-P90-22V, Notes: The current felt just like the previous session which was not strong, just average. I am going to keep with the same voltage for probably 3 more sessions. One more session then switch polarity for my hands.

Day8, 01/06/2014, 20mins-P90-22V, Notes: Current felt good, no issues with its intensity, just minor itching during the treatment. Observations about sweating: right hand is 95% dry, only a very small area (barely noticeable) in the palm that sweats a little bit, finger tips where water doesn’t reach and the back of the fingers. Left hand was sweating approximately just like the usual except for few semi-dry areas, so I think it’s time to increase the current by a notch for those extra active pores/nerves in my right hand before switching polarity for the left hand. The goal is to get my right palm 100% dry before moving on my left hand then treat the finger tips and the back of the fingers using cotton gloves.

Day9, 02/06/2014, 20mins-P90-24V, Notes: Current was not very strong for a first try at 24 Volts. Same as usual in terms of sensation. Right palm is less itchy than the one right after the treatment, may be because the nerves are actually desensitized? Who knows I can only speculate. Let’s see if it will get close to 100% dry so that I can switch polarity.

Day10, 03/06/2014, 20mins-P90-24V, Notes: Observations before treatment session: my right palm is almost to 100% dry except at the very bottom where the connection of hand/forearm, top of the side fingers and the fingertips by the nails where the water doesn’t reach, which can be dealt with after all soles are almost 100% dry. However, my left palm is very sweaty just like the usual except for like 30% that is less active than the rest of the palm. Session: Switched polarity to my left palm, which felt more irritated after the session. I didn’t feel much on my right palm except for when I position my palm in a way that would include the much higher parts of my finger tips and the water touched the side of my cuticles, which it stung a little so there was actually current flowing but the red pole feels stronger, therefore it strongly reinforces the principle of electrical current flow. So in this case, I think it will be best to do 15 mins for each palm on the red pole at the maintenance stage to total the session to a 30min period. Need to check more on the Hyperhidrosis forum for the maintenance stage once I reach a dry stage for both palm.

Day11, 04/06/2014, 20mins-P90-24V, Notes: Observations before treatment session: My left palm has now few spots that are dry, which reminds me of the same spots that got dry with my right palm at the beginning of the treatment. The treatment was very good, no discomforts or anything during the session, just the same usual slight itching after the session on my left palm more than my right palm. I think I will keep the same current for my left as it dried all my right palm to 100%. So I think it’s the right current for my nerves to get the affect.

Day12, 05/06/2014, 20mins-P90-24V, Notes: Pre-session observation: left palm has dry spots and less sweaty than before.40% of my palm area (excluding fingers) is dry and 2/3 of each of my fingers are dry. Session observations: The current was normal, and I certainly developed high tolerance for it now since I only feel the slight tingling sensation at the end of the build-up which is around 20-24 Volts. Post-session observations: itching mainly on my left palm (red pole) for about 5 minutes, I also feel some very little itching on my right palm which seems normal.

Day13, 06/06/2014, 20mins-P90-24V, Notes: Pre-session observation: Left palm is semi sweaty with very noticeable dry areas. I would say it is 60% dry. Even the sweaty takes them quite of an effort to sweat. Session: sensation is the same as before, with no additional remarks to note. Not sure if I should increase the current by one volt or not. May be I will increased it to 25 volts.

Day14, 07/06/2014, 20mins-P90-25V, Notes: Pre-session observation: Left palm is partly sweaty with very noticeable dry areas. I would say it is 70% dry. Sweaty areas include the third upper portion of my fingers, back of my knuckles and an almost rectangular area that stretches directly under my pinkie finger till the bottom of my palm. Session: not noticeable remarks regarding the session, which went very smooth and barely any irritation during or after the treatment session, may be the usual slight itching for a couple of minutes. Remark about my right palm; it is a 100% dry, except the back of my fingers and the top sides of the whole length of them, also the very bottom/connection of my palm to lower forearm, which is barely noticeable and I don’t mind it.

Day15, 08/06/2014, 20mins-P90-25V, Notes: Pre-session observation: Left palm is still slightly sweaty, even the previous session areas are less sweaty, which I would say it is overall 80-85% dry. The areas that need more work are as previously stated.

Day16, 09/06/2014, 20mins-P90-25V, Notes: Pre-session observation: Left palm is getting drier by the day, I am almost close to being 100 % dry, and I think it is at least 90% dry if not more. I am very happy with the results so far. Session: It was all fine and no observations to be noted.

Day17, 10/06/2014, 20mins-P90-25V, Notes: Pre-session observation: Left palm is noticeable drier than previous session and it’s almost 100% dry. Session: It was all fine and no observations to be noted.

Day18, 11/06/2014, 20mins-P90-26V, Notes: Pre-session observation: Left palm is at the same level of dryness as the previous session and no noticeable improvement from previously so I increases the current by a notch to if it will make a difference in dryness. The tip of my fingers are slightly moist, upper portion of the side of my fingers and the back of them are still wet which is normal since there was no treatment applied to them yet. Session: current felt slightly stronger, and slight itching/irritation post session, which I reckon is a good sign, I have to wait for tomorrow and see how it goes.

Day19, 12/06/2014, 20mins-P90-26V, Notes: Pre-session observation: left palm was completely dry today except for the back of the fingers. Session: felt fine and sensation just as before, I only did this session just as a reinforcement of the treatment as it will be the last one for the preliminary treatment before moving onto the maintenance stage. So I would say that I got dry at day 18.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

WOW! Thank you so much for this detailed success post!!! Smile

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: