Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Success Story

Mel88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Success Story Reply with quote

I have been using iontophoresis for the past 5 years. I have palmoplantar Hyperhidrosis and it can be quite severe at times with sweat literally pouring off my hands. For those of you who suffer from palmar Hyperhidrosis, you will know how disabling this can be when the sweating is at its worst. I've only ever used ionto for my hands, never really bothered with the feet.

I'd say the ionto reduces my palmar Hyperhidrosis anything from 30-90%. I've had periods of months when the sweating has been very minimal with 30 mins treatment on 22-23 mA every 2-3 days. However I've also had periods (currently going through one) when the ionto is very unpredictable and there are big patches of my hands that keep sweating quite profusely whilst certain patches are dry. This can get very frustrating but I think the best way to deal with this is to just keep going with the treatments and normally the ionto eventually breaks through and the sweating will reduce. It may also help to take a break and restart treatments after a break but I can't really deal with the period of time when the sweating goes back to 100% so I tend to just carry on with the treatments.

I use the Idromed 5 PS and I think this is one of the better machines currently out there. I had a different machine before this (can't remember the name!) and I used to get a lot of burns using that machine, the idromed is much better.

I've found that I can't really take very long breaks as some people suggest so the longest time I go without treatment is 2-3 days. But 30 mins a night of treatment is not really that difficult to manage, I tend to watch a film/Netflix/youtube as I do it and it makes the time go quicker. It does require commitment as sometimes when you're all tired at the end of the day it can be a bit difficult to sit and do the treatment but as all of us Hyperhidrosis sufferers know, this condition does not have many treatments that work so we don't have many other options. I personally use a combination of ionto, B blockers and aluminium hydrochloride solution to keep things under control.

I can say for me ionto has been a savior as without it I would really struggle massively in daily life and work. Even when it's at its worst it is still reducing my sweating from the 100% it would otherwise be so it's something better than nothing. However it is not perfect and it doesn't eliminate sweating totally. However compared to the few treatments currently out there this is the best we have. I would strongly recommend iontophoresis to anyone with palmar Hyperhidrosis. I think it would work just as well for feet but I haven't personally tried it.

I might also add I use Evian water as it has a higher bicarb than tap water and I think this helps treatments efficiency however I think any brand of water with higher ionic content should work and tap water in areas where the water is harder should be fine although not much is known about the exact content of water required to make ionto work or exactly which ions help the treatment.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mel88,

thank you so much for this great post.
Yes, sou`re right, ti can be indeed difficult at times to stay committed, but when youknow wahts waitign for you at the end, then it`s worth every minute!
We wish you all the best with your therapy, should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: