Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Questions from a new user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
MummyJY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Questions from a new user Reply with quote

Hi there

I'm a brand new user as I just received my Hidrex PSP1000 yesterday (Yeh!). After using the machine twice, I would like to check the following:

- during Set mode, even though I set the volt or mA to the highest level (I'm able to take the sensation), during treatment, the current doesn't go up as high. Is this the resistance that was mentioned in the forum which might be due to water temperature, hardness and the dampness of the hands/feet? I tested with both PC (90%) and DC and I can't reach the max in both setting.

- just to confirm that during treatment, can I increase the length of treatment or I will have to wait for the cycle to finish. Although the manual (p. 16) says that we an change treatment time and dose setting during treatment, I can't seem to be able to do that. For dosage, it is linked to the above point. But for time setting, each time I press the control key 5 (p. 9), it only switch between Voltage and current and I can't increase the time.

- the instruction manual didn't indicate a polarity switch but I understand from the forum that it is something which should be done every week. What if I do a polarity change every treatment? It is easier to remember to change the plates before each treatment than to do so after one week (for me)

- the instruction manual stated that we should do the treatment 3 times a week and not more than once a day. But if we can only expect to see results after 10 treatments, doesn't it mean it will take us at least 3 weeks to see an effect? Will there be any side effects if we are to do the treatment daily, and even twice a day (one in the morning and one in the evening)? I would like to see an effect quickyly.

- how soon should we expect deposits to form on the steel plates (ie after how many weeks or months) before we have to soak the steel plates in vinegar?

Thank you for your time. Really hope this machine can work for me to relieve me of my misery!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

welcome to our forum!
To begin with, you can take a look at this: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-adjust-the-perfect-pulsed-setting-for-hidrex-psp1000-t748.html
As to your questions:
- This might be due to your bodys resistance. Take a look at the above link, even if the device is set to the maximum Voltage, depending on which pulse width you use, the device can only deliver a certain maximum at that pulse width setting.
- It is only possible to reduce the remaining treatment time, not to increase it. If you wish to increase it you have to either increase it before starting the therapy or after the first session ends, you can start another one.
- You can do it as you want
- Never mind what the manual states, it is important to treat every day in the beginning, no exceptions! Also, not everyone sees first results after 10 sessions, some have results earlier and some have results later. So just keep on treating every day until you´re dry, then you can start with maintenance therapy! There are not going to be any side effects if you do daily treatments or 2 treatments a day!
- Steel plates can be cleaned with a regular household stainless steel cleanser. I wouldn´t wait until they have deposits, so maybe cleaning them every 2 weeks or so would be a good idea!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: