Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Questions concerning polarity change and pulse width

juyele

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Questions concerning polarity change and pulse width Reply with quote

I have a question. When I received treatment at a hospital, iontophoresis device changed electrode automatically.
If treatment time is total 20 min., the device changed electrode at 10 min.

Electrode change is as below.

Left hand: Positive pole -> Negative pole
Right hand: Negative pole -> Positive pole

I'm not sure Hidrex PSP1000 has this kind of function. If not, I would like to know whether I have to change electrode manually.(Like change tubes or change hands each other)
I'm wondering I need to change electrode or just comply with the standard instruction(without change tubes)

And one more thing. To increase pulse-width is helpful to improve effect or I need to increase V/mA first?

Please help to advise. Thanks.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Regarding your first question, our devices don't have an auto-reverse polarity function. Normally it's enough to change the polarity once a week. Please find more information on this topic under the following links:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-often-do-i-have-to-change-the-polarity-t74,highlight,polarity.html
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-change-the-polarity-t93.html
Concerning the pulse width, please read the following post:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-adjust-the-perfect-pulsed-setting-for-hidrex-psp1000-t748.html
Normally it makes sense to increase the pulse width only once you can reach the maximum voltage that can be produced at that pulse width (maximum allowed output) and you would be able to stand more.
If with a pulse width of 60% you can't reach the max. voltage that the device can deliver, you won't increase the pulse width.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
juyele

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really afraid that I can not find any improvement on my fingertips and the sole of my foot even though I've treated 5 times every day using the Hidrex PSP 1000.
I've tried to increase purse-width and volt step by step so the current level is as follows: P-80 for hands and feet, 20 min. + 45 volt for hands & 20 min. + 50 volt for feet respectively.

Actually, I received iontophoresis treatment at a hospital over the last 2 months and I had a marked effect. My palms and the sole of my foot was totally dry.
So I decided to buy the Hidrex PSP 1000 for domiciliary treatment. I received the Hidrex PSP1000 on Feb 10th but I went to a hospital on Feb 11st for the last treatment.

From Feb 12th, I've tried to use the PSP 1000 every day(except for Feb 16th) and treated 5 times.
My palms is still dry but my fingertips are quite damp with sweat. Actually, it's okay for the fingertips' condition. I can stand it but I can not see any effect on the sole of my foot.
I can not wear socks again. I feel like my sweat gland became active..

Should I use the Hidrex more to see effects?
Do I need to increase Purse-width? Actually, I feel tingling with the current intensity(20 min. + 45 volt for hands & 20 min. + 50 volt for feet respectively.)

I'm not a beginner for the iontophoresis. I mean I've got > 20 treatments at a hospital so I thought that I can maintain the current condition for my palms and the sole of my foots using the Hidrex PSP 1000 since my sweat gland was almost closed..Please help to advise. If I can not see any improvement, is it possible to receive a refund?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I have noticed is that you might be treating too much. 5 sessions per day is really a lot! And this might be counterproductive for the therapy. The majority of our clients achieve succes by treating only 1 time per day. So I dont' think that using the Hidrex more is going to be better.

Why don't you try and reduce your sessions to only 1 per day, maybe 30 minutes for hands and 30 minutes for feet? This works very good for many of our clients. Others try to increase the pulse width (in your case from P-80 to P-90).

A question: When you went to the hospital to treat with iontophoresis, how long was the session and do you remember the settings of the machine?

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist