Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Questions about treatment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion
Constantina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Questions about treatment Reply with quote

I use psp1000 for 5 years (hands and feet) with absolute success!!! Last month I stopped the hand treatment due to some rashes (my doctor suggested that maybe blocking sweat may caused it - I doubt it, but had to try). Now I want to start over because I cannot stand the excessive sweating; and after so many years I have to do the initial treatment again. I have read the initial and maintenance schedule in the forum. My maintenance schedule so far (until a month ago) was: every 5 days, 20mins, 7-8mA, 20-24V approximately @one treatment right hand polarity, after 5 days left hand polarity. At first I was starting with 3 or 4mA and as soon as I was getting used to it (every 2-3mins) I raised the voltage (hence the current) until 7-8mA (no matter the voltage). My goal though was to reach 7-8mA (because I thought that the current is doing the trick). Consequently sometimes the voltage surpassed 24V. In the forum you stick to the voltage control (not the current). As you know, when dryness is achieved then the current raises very difficulty despite voltage raise. So if at first the 20V leads to 10mA, then after dryness it will lead to 7mA (personal experience). In order to achieve 7mA without discomfort, the temperature in my room has to be high and during treatment I rub my feet to a rug or carpet in order to force myself get hot and sweaty in order for the current to flow easier. Other wise current sticks to 2 or 3 mA regardless voltage rise (and the discomfort is intense). So after all the above I would like to ask you if the voltage or current is the most important. You state that the voltage control is, but if I raise the voltage but the current is too low like 1-2mA then the result isn't affected? Isn't it better if I can raise the current flow with less voltage? I do not intend to be smart really, but all those years I was doing a different way from your suggestions.

Further more I just started armpit treatments. I started with 20V 7mA but I read that this is TOO much (recommended in a thread 1 – 2 mA/or 3-8 Volts). Of course I felt discomfort and had burns and placed duck tape all over my armpits in order to avoid these burns. So once again can you please tell if these recommended values are the highest?

A last question. As I experience the same amount of sweat both hands, should I change polarity during treatment? I have read your post about changing polarity, and I know that you are not recommending often polarity change, but the new hidrex device has an auto change, so I wonder if something has changed.. Very Happy
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Constantina, what pulse width do you use? You're right that we advise our customers to use the voltage rather than the mA control because it is more precise. The efficiency isn't affected, you just need to find a setting that is right for you. The one true way to measure whether or not the setting is good is your personal comfort level. The voltage should be adjusted to a comfortable parameter that allows you to conduct the treatment without any sort of pain.

Though you have found your own routine, you can use your initial treatment sessions to try out our approach. Read more here:
How to set up the Hidrex PSP's volt and mA parameters
How to find the perfect pulse width for the Hidrex PSP

The same goes for the armpits. Please start much lower, at a MAXIMUM of 5 Volt, then adjust the parameters according to your comfort. But first, let your skin heal! You can cover minor burns and irritations with a fatty lotion like Nivea blue.

It isn't necessary to change the polarity every time, this only becomes important when you can feel that one side of the body is affected more strongly by the therapy than the other. I think your initial plan of changing the polarity every other session works just fine.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Leader Admin Notice

The mA is adjusted in the background along the Voltage
It matters if the Voltage is high no matter in first front to the mA driven.
Then on second sight it is very interesting to see where the mA adjusts, in your case it seems thant you have a abnormal high body resistant, so high Voltages lead only to poor mA
In this case try to get the body resistant down (drink good - use warm water - electrodes must be scratch and fat free)
and use warm water

It seems that high Voltages at low mA lead to discomfort - like you noticed it. This is a sign the body resistant is too high and should be adjusted to lower levels.

Constantina

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Questions about treatment Reply with quote

Pulse width at hands and feet is 100% and armpits 80%. I do use warm water in the trays (though I don't drink enough). Now that I do the initial hand treatment I set the device at 18V (it leads to 7-8mA). But it is the beginning and I have sweaty hands. Once they dry, I'm afraid that I will have to raise the voltage, otherwise the current will be around 3-4mA (according to my past treatments).

So as you say that the current is not the important one, so if I set the voltage at 18V but the current remains at 3 or 4mA, what should I do? Raise the voltage, drink more water in order to lower my resistance or something else?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then try warm water - and you see the mA will have a better relation to the Volts

in the end if you think about the picture - mA the strenght and volt the pressure - then it is a better feeling to have high strength with low pressure

when the pressure is high and the strength low you can try to adjust the body resistant - and keep the electrodes clean - use no soap or and body moisturer and eat less fresh fruits before the treatments. This all helps to get more strenght (mA) out the pressure (Volt)

also try to sort out that maybe 100% for hands and 80% for armpits is maybe a bit to high

most users get more power out the device with 70-80 for hands and 60% for armpits

Felonea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that warm water will have better effects on the volts.
Hurixtual

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is really interesting. Thank you for sharing this.
DigHealth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine experienced the same thing, this is the exact same process he went through.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist