Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Product Enquiry--What Makes your devices winner

Rajender78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Product Enquiry--What Makes your devices winner Reply with quote

Hi

I live in USA and my Doctor has prescribed me R A Fisher MD-1a Galvanic Unit for my palm planter hyperhydrosis. I saw your forum and was interested to know more about Idromed 5 PC and Hidrex PC500 before I decide on the device.

Can you please tell me what makes your products a winner compared to R A Fisher MD-1a Galvanic Unit.? Also, Fisher has maximum intensity of 50ma and both your products seem to have less than Fisher. Is it sufficient?

Below are some specific questions about your product

1. Idromed 5 PC can this be used in USA/INDIA, does it require a extra convertor and plug?

2. Can Idromed 5PC be interrupted in the middle of the treatment (i.e.) can I walk away in middle without getting shock?

3.What does Overtherapy recognition and Sense function function do? is it important for treatment?

4.Why is there a less warranty for Hidrex PC500 device compared to Idromed 5 PC?

5.Idromed 5 PC maximum treatment time is states as 15 min, what if I want to go beyond 15 min/session?

Many Thanks
Raj
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Raj,

Fisher does not specify the individual current settings (mA, Volt and Ohm) on his page. Nevertheless, we know for sure, that both of our products have more power than Fisher. Please take a look at following table (Please note that this is only an estimate calculation, only for comparison purposes.):
Idromed 5 PC+DC: 72 V * 25 mA = 1800 (output power of the machine)
Hidrex PC 500 in pulsed mode: 40 V * 30 mA = 1200 (output power of the machine)
Hidrex PC 500 in direct mode: 60 V * 30 mA = 1800 (output power of the machine)
Hidrex DC 400: 60 V * 30 mA = 1800 (output power of the machine)
These outputs are valid when the body resistance is regular.

You can ask at Fisher directly, if they can give you the mA, the Volt and the Ohm of the MD-1a Galvanic, so that way, we could also estimate the power. Please keep in mind, that until today, both Fisher devices only run in Direct Current mode. This mode is more painful than the Pulsed Current mode and not recommended for the treatment of palmar and axillar hiyperhydrosis.

Regarding your questions:
1 - Yes, both can be used in USA and India. Idromed requires a Stepup Converter, which you can order along with the device. Hidrex already has an US-Plug.
2 - Yes.
3 - The lower your body resistance, the higher you can go with the current. The overtherapy recognition starts, when it recognizes that your body resistance is too low, so it automatically stops the current from going higher, in order to avoid serious burns and injuries. When the LED of the Sense function is on, it means that you´re treating in Pulsed Mode.
4 - There is no special reason for that. 2 years are minimum and for the Idromed 5 PC, we decided to give another 2 years.
5 - Then you have to start the device once again, to do another 15 min. session.

I hope I could answer all your questions!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Sun May 26, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Ana,
Thanks for your quick update.
I would appreciate if you can kindly clarify the below question
(1) Language on the LCD display screen is it English/German?
(2) Does Idromed 5 PS have Auto Polarity Reversal? My both hands, and feet sweat the same way.
(3) How long Idromed 5 PS has been in the market? When did it release?
(4) How are you going to ship this to USA? A quick search in Google says there is some import restriction on this device from FDA (http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_240.html). Will this device be delivered promptly to my address in USA?

1 - It´s in English.
2 - No, you have to manually change polarity about every 5 sessions
3 - For about 3 years.
4 - Through DHL, once in the USA it´s handed over to the US postal services, which deliver the package directly to your doorstep.
Ana

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rajender78

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ana,

I will go head and place an order in couple of days. I'm visiting my doctor today. Do you have any notes/prescription request for me to ask doctor, such as anticholinergic that may be added to water to avail an effective/desired dryness?

Is there a feasibility of downloading the English Instructions/manual for the Idromed 5ps device? I would like to go through it and understand how easy it is in terms of operations such as manually change polarity’s etc.,

Finally based on your previous email I understand that you guarantee the delivery of the device and would provide a tracking number to track the shipment status. Please correct me if im am wrong.

----------------

Update1: I have just visited my Doctor today and she has again recommended R.A. Fisher for me since it is cheaper around 300 USD less compared to Idromed 5ps. But looking at your support and wonderful reviews, i'm eager to purchase idormed 5ps device. However it is too costly for me, as such just curios?

----------------

Update2:
Markus/Ana,

With this wonderful support I just cant convince myself without buying Idromed 5 Ps. I have just placed an order via http://www.sweating.com/iontophoresis/ in USD, through PayPal.

I hope your device will make me dry.

I just cant wait to try it. Please provide me the shipping tracking number. Also, can I have the premium support activated such that I can browse through the forum and learn some troubleshooting tips that you have provided to others visa PS?

I will write on the forum, once I find success.
Many Thanks
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: iontophoresis therapy against sweat Reply with quote

The iontophoresis therapy against sweat works without the use of drugs, you only need normal tap-water, so there is no need to ask for anticholinergic.
The Idromed 5 is since May 2008 on the market...
To the quests for delivery: That is all right, for the Idromed manual, i will send it through via mail.
Markus

support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: iontophoresis polarity change Reply with quote

Iontophoresis polarity change - Iontophoresis against hyperhidrosis

Dear Rajender78 - to your request for the Iontophoresis polarity change we made a post that hopefully answers all your questions:

Iontophoresis polarity change

I denied your request for the Iontophoresis user group cause you havent bought a device or our support over us, once you´ve done this please ask for membership again.

Markus

Last edited by support on Sat May 16, 2015 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to your update 2 posts above:

You can´t compare apples with ognions, means you compare a more costy iontophoresis pulsed with a direct current iontophoresis machine. when you take a direct current device i am sure we are at the same price, isnt it?

If you feel you get more for your money from another company it will be hard to convince you, but please be fair when you compare, it should be the same...

support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To update 2:
Sure we received the payment for the iontophoresis machine, many thanks...
I saw you ordered a pulsed machine, a wise decicion, i have set you up , intenal iontophoresis forums are free now...A tracking number is automatically sent straight to the mail address given in the order once the item left (6 hours ago) if you dont have get it please take a look to your spam filters...if there is nothing in it i wil lsend it tomorrow as a pm, at the moment i have no access to the databases caused by a server update...

We hope you find soon your way to a sweat free life

... if we can help you up with any problems please contact us... you are welcome

________
somthing else, another quest from a Hyperhidrosis sufferer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: Hi, I have a problem with axillary sweating. If I bought the iontophoresis machine I would use it only for my armpits.

I've read on the main site that cardiac arrythmia is contraidication. I think I have respiratory sinus arrhythmia. Is it also the contraindication? I find out it's normal but if I can use device with this?

Sorry for my English.

Best Regards,

Answer: Please call your doctor, such quests we are not able to answer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist