Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

no success after 24 days

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
seawing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: no success after 24 days Reply with quote

I have been using the idromed 5 PS now for 24 consecutive days for my hands and feet with no reduction in sweat. For the last 13 of the 24 days, I added two teaspoons of baking soda and reduced the water to 400 mL. I have been doing my hands and feet at the same time at 10ma for 15 minutes. For the last two days, I increased the time to 30 minutes.

If there is something I can change to make this work better, I'd like to do it now instead of waiting 45 days without success and then having to make more changes.

I have been frustrated because I haven't seen any success. The first 3-5 minutes of the treatment hurts, but after that it is tolerable. At first, it feels like a lot of papercuts or ants biting at my skin. I have had small blisters after each treatment. I suspect I may have little cuts that I'm not aware of and the treatment caused blisters on those spots? I'm not sure, but right now, it's not pleasant, which is why I especially worry about getting to my 45th treatment without success.

Could you please advise? I really want this treatment to work. I have tried botox and because my hyperhidrosis is so severe, I needed 150 units in each hand, causing some paralysis in my thumbs which made it hard to write/hold a pen, unscrew bottles/lids.

I don't know what else to do, and am very worried this won't work for me.

Thanks in advance for the information.
Fluffbubble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only speak from my experience but it may help to treat your hands separately to your feet. I've been using this for about 6 months now.

I have the idromed and treat my hands, feet and armpits separately - each pair for 15 minutes at different strengths. Since my sweating was really bad it took me about 3 weeks and then I saw a drastic improvement. I treat my hands at 6mA, my armpits at 5mA and feet at 9mA. Everyone is different so it will take you some time to work out what is right for you.

I haven't tried adding baking soda so I can't add any advice about that. I just use plain tap water. However, one thing that helps me is using really warm water - sometimes if the water is too cold, it takes a while for the machine to "register" that I have started the treatment.

If you have any cuts or blisters, put a bit of vaseline on them before you start the treatment - works a treat and you won't feel the pain there.

Also, if it hurts when you start the treatment, turn the machine down to a level where you can still feel something but it doesn't hurt. Work your way up from there gradually - if it takes a week to go from 3mA to 4, then that's what it takes. You don't want to end up dreading the treatment since long-term management is the goal.

I know it can be hard to be patient, but it's worth it.
seawing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for your helpful reply. I will try doing just my hands tonight for 15 minutes and then my feet for 15 minutes.

I do dread the treatment, and I think your advice about long-term management is very true. If this is going to work, it will be likely lifelong unless there is some kind of miracle cure!

Thanks for sharing.
Fluffbubble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome - hope that you stick it out and be patient. It will take some time for you to work out what will work best for you personally.

I know how emotionally draining it is to cope with this on a daily basis, but I hope you feel there is some hope by doing these treatments. I don't know how much you've read in these forums but there is a lot of information that can help you.

One of the things you didn't mention in your first post, was whether you are changing polarity during the treatment or changing it at a different interval. A really important post I read here on polarity made a difference for me in how fast I saw a result in my hands: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-often-do-i-have-to-change-the-polarity-t74,highlight,changing+polarity.html

One of the things I realised when starting this treatment was that this was life-changing. On one hand (haha), it's taking up time every day (and hopefully soon I can reduce treatmetns), and on the other, I have a new confidence that I never imagined I would ever get.

The things that "normal" people take for granted like shaking someone's hand when you meet them - I could NEVER do that. Now, 9 times out of 10 I can smile and shake someone's hand! The first time I did that I literally was beaming from ear to ear and doing a little happy dance.

For me, the price I pay in time for treatment is worth it for what it's given me. The last thing you want, is to fear doing treatments, so hopefully you can find that threshold where you just feel a tingle (one side will tingle more than the other and that is normal).

Sometimes I find it a bit annoying to do treatments cause I feel lazy sometimes, but I can live with that. I'd rather that than have pain every day - that would be like torture.

Would love a cure, but in the meantime at least this makes me feel a bit more normal. I'm not 100% dry but hey, I figure even a 30% improvement is better than the pain you feel when you realise that sweating is stopping you from doing things in life you want to do.

Hang in there - you aren't alone in this. It's so great that this forum exists and there are other people that actually understand what you are going through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: