Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

No longer able to feel electrical connection

newyork

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: No longer able to feel electrical connection Reply with quote

I have been using the Idromed 5 PS to treat sweating on my hands and feet for about 3 years. My maintenance regime is the following: I use the device every other day, 15 minutes at 18 mA for hands, 15 minutes at 25 mA for feet. Normally I feel a strong tingling sensation during the treatment, and my hands/feet have a slight red tint for 15-30 minutes afterwards. When the device works, my hands and feet become completely dry.

A few months ago, I became unable to feel the "tingling" sensation during treatment, and, after a week, sweating returned. I contacted support at Bindner Markus Medizintechnik to ask for help. They advised me to use less water in the tubs, while adding 1 teaspoon of baking soda. This fixed the problem. Before I contacted support, I was using 2.5 L of water in each tub. When I began using 1.5 L of water in each tub (with 1 teaspoon of baking soda), I was again able to feel the tingling sensation. The sweating went away after a week of treatment.

About 10 days ago, I again became unable to feel the strong tingling sensation during treatment. Although the Idromed does indicate that it has reached the correct mA level (18 when treating hands, 25 when treating feet), I feel almost no electrical current, and my hands/feet do not acquire any red tint during the treatment. Sweating is now returning.

I am still using 1.5 L of warm tap water in each tub, with 1 teaspoon of baking soda.

I use the stainless steel electrodes. I have polished them as well as I can with metal cleaner. I do not think that patinated electrodes are the problem.

My water source is the same as before. I tried using slightly more or less baking soda (or none at all), but this does not fix the problem.

I do not use any cream on my hands/feet.

I believe that I am well hydrated. (The last few days I tried drinking a lot of water an hour before using the Idromed, but this had no effect.)

There are two things that recently changed for me, and which could theoretically be relevant. First, I stopped taking the following vitamin supplements: calcium, D3, iron, zinc, vitamin E, vitamin C. Second, I started exercising a bit harder than I did previously.

What should I try next?

Thank you very much.

- New Yorker
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowering the water level to 1mm above the grids lead to stronger currents

It seems that this is leveling at the maximum that the device can deliver and you need the most current the machine can deliver.

Please soak in the plugs of the cables in vinegar, clean them with tap water after this (maybe they've got patina too) for an hour, then plug and unplug them 10 times, then clean them again and retry.

Maybe the minerals you took orally have and impact on your bodys resistance. Also through hard training calluses are enhanced, this leads to higher body resistance too.

You can also try to use warm water in the tubs

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:42 am; edited 5 times in total
newyork

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Vinegar cleaning Reply with quote

Thanks for your response.

Should I also soak the metal tip of the power cord in vinegar?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO, never! only the plugs of the cables (the 4 Ends) that go into the machine and electrodes (and if the plug of the electrode plate seems to be covered with Patina also this...

Last edited by support on Thu May 28, 2015 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
newyork

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re. vinegar Reply with quote

I soaked the electrodes in vinegar. The Idromed is working again. Thanks!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Smile
You are welcome!

markm186

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Re. vinegar Reply with quote

newyork wrote:
I soaked the electrodes in vinegar. The Idromed is working again. Thanks!

how long do you soak it for? I'm having the same problem.. seems like the machine can't reach 32 volts anymore. It stops at 28.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can leave them overnight. the next morning just rinse with water and dry with soft towel.
Another reason why the machine stops at 28 could be your bodys resistance, take a look here: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/device-doesnt-start-stays-at-0-ma-reaches-not-25-ma-max-t29.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist