Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

new to Hidrex PS500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
ahmed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: new to Hidrex PS500 Reply with quote

Dear Markus
I received my new PS500 3 days ago and I did about 5 sessions I know it's too early to have response but I noticed that sweat getting more profuse ? I am using the machine for palms and soles and recently I adjusted the dose up to max of 60 v but the machine did not give more than 30 V or 33 V on increments in pulsed current mode, my questions are:
-I noticed that the recommended dosages are given in mAmp and the scale on my machine is in volts and I noticed from your web site that my device gives 20 mAmp of pulsed current for the max setting of 60 volts, so how can I now the mAmp values equivalent for the displayed voltage ?

-the other question is; what's the recommended regimen for me in volts to treat palms and soles separately knowing that I can make myself withstand any current intenisty esp. of pulsed mode ?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the equivalent of 35 mA to 60 Volts , so when you divide it you will land at 20 mA as given or stated .

I will send you some tips per pm as to how you can get more out of the Hidrex.

And: If you are sweating a bit more in the beginning of iontophoresis - it is a good sign that it will work for you.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Wed May 29, 2013 11:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
dell

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing ive noticed is that the instruction manual that comes with the Hidrex says that the max output in Pulsed mode is 35ma at 60V. While on the website it says the max output is 20ma at 60V.

Markus can you please clarify what the maximum output of the Hidrex is in Pulsed mode?

Ahmed I've also noticed that in pulsed mode the voltage doesnt go all the way to the desired setting (although when using direct current i dont have this problem). I think this is the current limitation circuit that the Hidrex has. The instruction manual mentions that this circuit is ''especially used fast by using pulsed current. However, this is not applicable. In the pulse mode, an "average" dose value, that you would have to double, for example, in the comparison to the direct current, is generally shown. However, the appliance watches the maximum current and not the average. ''. So Im guessing that the maximum current (ma) at the desired voltage is still achieved but the Hidrex adjusts the voltage depending on the resistance of your skin (Current = Voltage/Resistance). Is this correct Markus?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is "almost" correct,.
Yes ,there are limitations because of the bodys'resistance.
Remember that pulsed direct current has interruptions, these interruptions have to be taken away from the current shown and from the current that really flows.At the moment it is around 20 mA compared to the Idromed. while idromed works at 72 Volts and this has to be divided down too for a real comparishon even the look of the pulsed current from both models is another point, all in all you can compare hidrex to idromed at appr. 20 mA to 25 mA output @ same voltage at the moment, but we are working on a new way to get more out than that out of the pulsed current- but it is very complicated because it works together with the electric shock prevention.

Last edited by support on Wed May 29, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
ahmed

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Markus and Dell
I think it will work I have 1 day dry (ohh that is great sensation) but from yesterday evening sweats returned back. I am using the device almost 1week ago. Recently, I do the treatment once daily;
* For my hands I use pulse current to the max the device can give about 34 v for 20 min with mid-treatment reversal of polarity.
* For my foot I use direct current of about 42 v x 20 min also with reversal of polarity. I hope I will reach dryness soon.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly in the beginning of a Iontophoresis treatment there is a fallback to light or heavy sweating. This is mostly not permanent so I think that you will achieve dryness for hands and feet soon.

Last edited by support on Mon May 25, 2015 9:25 am; edited 3 times in total
ahmed

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: update my situation Reply with quote

Hi Markus
I am now in my 18th day of treatment. I am doing the treatments daily 20 minutes each ( for few days I did twice daily ).
For feet I used to receive 48 volts x 20 minutes because one time when I exceeded 50V I got painful tiny bimp in one foot that vanished quickly after that.
For hands I received the max volts the device can give in PC about 33 or 34 (but one time it reached 41 volts when my hands were not sweaty).
In the beginning of treatment - as I said before - I noticed increased sweating, then after 2 weeks I returned back to my pretreatment level of sweating Confused Because of this; Since 4 days I changed the current for my hands to DC and I am receiving now 36Volts for 20 minutes, then again sweating increased .
Am I doing it the right way ?
taking in your consideration I am living in one of the most hot and humid countries all over the world with average temp of 40 C nowadays.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would stay in pulsed mode because it offers the higher current possibility - although it doesn't show you thís on the display. Try to switch to "armpit" mode in pulsed, then it should go higher.

Last edited by support on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
dell

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Markus I have been trying to use pulsed current lately and i find that I can only get the Hidrex to reach around 21 Volts even though i set it to 60 volts. Up till now I have been using direct current as I find that I can tolerate direct current up to about 32 Volts. However now i wish to try higher current/voltage so i want to use pulsed current but I am having trouble getting the Hidrex to exceed 21 Volts (in pulsed mode).

Is this normal Markus? At first i thought it is the current limitation circuit limiting the voltage but I dont think this is the case - as the machine wont go over 21 Volts no matter what voltage I set it at. I bought the Hidrex due to its abilty to switch between pulsed and direct current but it seems the Hidrex is quite weak in pulsed mode.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this - If it doesn't work, please get back to me.

Last edited by support on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
dell

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried using the armpit mode but it is still the same.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot to place the link!

Try this- if it doesn't work, please get back to me.

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/device-voltage-does-not-reach-the-desired-setting-t316.html

Last edited by support on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
dell

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Markus, I have tried using the tips provided however I still cannot achieve over 21-22volts. I have even tried using hard water from another area and it is still the same.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then all is ok (sometimes the pc doesn't show on the front what is happening inside). Continue the treatment, the maximum current your skin can handle is flowing, so do not worry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: