Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

iontophoresis underarms: problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
md

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: iontophoresis underarms: problems Reply with quote

Yesterday I started to use the iontophoresis, I used a low current - at the right armpit i didn't feel anything, but at the Ieft armpit i felt a tingling. I checked my armpit and I saw that it created a wound on the left side. What should I do??
Have you seen a similar case with someone else?
Is it possible to activate the device only in the right armpit which is not injured (or not because there is no closed circuit?)
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone gets burns or skin irritations because of underarm treatment with Iontophoresis, there are normally only a few things that can be done.

- When you are in direct contact with the electrodes, or the distance between the electrodes and the skin is too close (only for the armpits) - for this problem you should be using the armpit pads that are sold for professional use , they are thick and contain a minimum of 2 plies. Using only a thin handkerchief or cloth , for example, can cause burns immediately .

- The pads were not used correctly, they must be soaked in tap water for minimum of 15 minutes before the treatment starts.
-treated at much too high a current. sometimes users have a "false" curent feeling (some bodys are less sensitive to current then others), in these cases the current can be much too high for the skin, and burns can occur.
Because of the fact the + pole is more effective and the - pole causes more skin irritations it is not surprising if "only" one side gets problems (and here mostly the side where the - pole was placed) --> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/using-armpit-sponges-the-right-way-t331.html

- Treatment times are much too high - if it is not the current, it is maybe the time or a combination of both , normally if the times are a bit too long, there should be only (if any) a slight irritation, but there should be no burns from a slightly too long Iontophoresis therapy.

-Especially for treating armpit sweating with Iontophoresis it is highly recommended to start really low- at the lowest setting- and do an immediate control for skin irritations after the device has reached the chosen setting. If all is ok, it is recommended to prolong the treatment time step by step,contolling the skin for any irritations until the wished for treatment time has been reached.
if this all is ok and you think you can stand more current you can follow this routine.
A lot of users do too much in the beginning and increase the current to a point that the skin is not used to.

Maybe you think such a routine is too "careful" and certainly, in a lot of cases it is a loss of time, but the more careful the routine, the less risk of burns.
Furthermore. burn wounds must heal completely for armpit treatments. They can normally not be covered that well to protect them from getting worse .

With the Idromed and the Hidrex you can treat only one side if you place the + pole underarm and place the - pole in the hand.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: