Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Iontophoresis problems with current and rusting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
jman14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Iontophoresis problems with current and rusting. Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a idromed 4gs model that I purchased in 2008. The idromed has worked great for me for 3.5 years but I have noticed some changes recently. One of my plates terminals has rusted, but only in two parts 1. where the terminal connects to the plate 2. where the (+) pole connects to the terminal. In #1 the area around has also turned blackish/rust colored. In #2 area the terminal connection has corroded and turned green.

Since this has happened I've noticed that when the water level is below the level where the (+) pole cord connects to the plate terminal the current is much weaker but after I have added enough water for it to rise above the above point, the current increases alot. My question should i but new plates?

I can also add a picture if you wish to help clarify things. THank you
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Rust marks can occur by the bolt that holds the banana plug connection of the Idromed Aluminum electrodes. When the treatment water is very salty and the electrodes were not dried after the treatments or were left in wet trays, or are left in the water, or were stored in a very humid area (rain forest).

This will always harm every material that can rust.

But, all the above can be prevented so the Aluminum electrodes should last a lifetime of the machine.

Take a look here https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/cleaning-and-care-spare-parts-t51.html
If after cleaning the electrodes you still feel that the current is weak, then it might be a good idea to buy new electrodes http://www.sweating.com/iontophoresis/spare-parts-supplements.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Sun May 24, 2015 11:01 am; edited 3 times in total
jman14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are probably right in which to solve the problem I need new electrodes. But can you explain why when the water level is higher that i get a much better current. I also will post a picture next time in order for you to see what is happening to the aluminum electrodes so hopefully a fix or different improvement can be made.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aluminum is sometimes (in our opinion) not the best electrode material because it gets easily scratched and develops chalk - and a patina will cover these scratches and then, cleaning the electrodes becomes more difficult than cleaning the ones made out of with stainless steel and because of this, they can have a limited lifetime when not handled and cleaned and dried carefully.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: