Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Iontophoresis Factor (PSP1000)

lioncity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Iontophoresis Factor (PSP1000) Reply with quote

I am still confused with your following explanation regarding Iontophoresis Factor:

kOhm max. Output Iontophoresis Factor
0,5 60 V @ 30 mA 1800 (should be 450 ? )
1 60 V @ 30 mA 1800 (should be 900?)
2 60 V @ 30 mA 1800
4 60 V @ 15 mA 900
8 60 V @ 7,5 mA 450
10 60 V @ 6 mA 360

For example:
1. When load is 0.5kOhm, PSP1000 has max output as (60V, 30mA), then the actual Voltage output is only 0.5K x 30mA = 15V(it cannot be 60V), then the Iontophoresis Factor is: 15V x 30mA = 450

2. When load is 1kOhm, PSP1000 has max output as (60V, 30mA), then the actual Voltage output is only 1K x 30mA = 30V(it cannot be 60V), then the Iontophoresis Factor is: 30V x 30mA = 900

Please kindly advise if my understanding is correct? thank you.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear lioncity,

the table here and the ones under https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/hidrex-psp1000-specific-questions-v-ma-body-resistance-t1820.html
are just THEORETICALLY, not practically!!! Smile
It can be that the actual output, measured with an oscilloscope is less, this is possible.

Regarding the iontoforesis factor, please note that this "ionto factor" is only a term we created for explanation purposes. It is not a scientific, or an actually measurable factor.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
lioncity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your email, I also posted this query on the forum and noticed that your team has replied it as well.

0,5 60 V @ 30 mA 1800 (should be 450 ? )
1 60 V @ 30 mA 1800 (should be 900?)

For the above two cases, does it make sense for “60V”? because the device definitely cannot output “60V”, is this correct?

The output can only be V = I * R, right? Please kindly advise, thank you.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the above two cases, does it make sense for “60V”? because the device definitely cannot output “60V”, is this correct?

Yes, with certain given factors the machine can give an output of 60V.

Quote:
The output can only be V = I * R, right?

Theoretically the formula is correct, but you can't apply it like this to iontophoresis. Iontophoresis is a very subjective and individual kind of therapy and you can't apply a formula to the output.

I understand your interest in understanding, but this is going far beyond my knowledge.
In the end, like I have always said, as long as the therapy is working, no one cares how much the actual output really is. If it is the value on the display or a bit less, the important thing is that it is working. Smile

Last edited by support on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
lioncity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. Anyway, I am still very confused with the following calculation:

Quote:
1 60 V @ 30 mA 1800

For PSP1000 with 1kOhm load, the Iontophoresis factor CANNOT be 1800.

Because 60V can never be reached for 1kOhm load with 30mA limitation, the max voltage can only be 1kOhm x 30mA = 30V, therefore the Iontophoresis factor for this case can only be 30V x 30mA = 900, NOT 1800.

Is this understanding correct? please clarify.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For these calculations you have to face, that the maximum voltage given to the machine is calculator to body resistant of two kilo ohms
this means the machine can deliver a maximum of 60 Volts and 30 mA at the body resistant of 2 kg ohms
if the body resistant is lower, the limitations of the body resistant is not valid any more

Therefore there is another limitation of the machine itself is that prevents dangerous voltages or milliamperes
you're right if you would go ahead in the calculation 60 V at 1 KOhm body resistant would be a current of 60 mA, which would be much too much, so the current is cut off at 30 mA, if you set 60 walls at 1 kOhm.
I refer to -> https://www.iontodevice.com/comparing_iontophoresis_units.htm

thise leads to a completely different calculation

I hope this is understandable.

In the other direction, if the body resistant is for example for kilo ohms, then the limitation is the body resistant, this calculation is then, if you follow the causal relationship, or the logic in this:

60 Volts at 4 kilo ohms would be current of 15 mA in maximum but then the device cuts of the increase of the Volts

If the machine would try to reach 30 mA at the body resistant of 4 kilograms, the voltage would have to be increased to 120 Volts which is much too much for any one to handle, and could be only handled under a doctor's supervision, like you can see at stanger Baths

However 30 mA at 60 Volts are hard to stand for everyone so normally you don't have to go to the top (but some users must to do this, to get the dry free effect of iontophoresis)... But you have the security that your Hidrex machine is a potential one and ensures you as a user that you have the maximum possible outcome for iontophoresis therapy with your iontophoresis machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist