Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Iontoderma Iontophoresis Machine

Proverbs31

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Iontoderma Iontophoresis Machine Reply with quote

Good Afternoon!
I have hyperhidrosis of the hands and feet and have it for as long as I can remember (I am 32 now). I purchased an Iontoderma Iontophoresis machine on Monday and received it Tuesday (lightening fast next day shipping!) and started it the same day (yesterday). I have done one treatment and overall am very impressed with the device and customer service -amazingly polite, thorough and quick responses. It is a direct current device, which I know is not recommended on this site, and I can see why for sure, but I don't have the funds for a pulsed current device and will not for some time so I purchased this one with a gift card I had received from work. I have tried drysol, odaban, certain dri, and Carpe, as well as Robinol. None worked to make me dry. OH, and I did try Drionic in middle school, but didn't stick with it. I am so hopefull this will work for me! On night one I was able to tolerate 15V @ 20 mins for my hands and 24V @ 20 mins for my feet. I feel like my case is pretty severe so I don't expect to see results for some time. I will come back and update this post. Has anyone else used this machine? Admins, have you any thoughts on it? I would LOVE to own a pulsed machine, but this to me seems to be top of the line for my price point. Everything seems very high quality (MUCH better than my drionic). Praying that it works. As many of you feel, I truly cannot fathom NOT sweating.

Do you have any advice for direct current machines? It goes up to 25V. I can tolerate that on my feet, but not hands. I can only do 15v on hands so far. I know this is not something you have to answer, and especially since I didn't purchase from you (one day!). Just praying to get the BEST results possible and you guys are the experts.

Thank you!
ps I am going on vacation next week and will bring this, but obviously don't know how it will all play out as it will be a busy trip, but my goal is to not miss any sessions.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not miles away with our machines (direct current) from the price you paid, for a Hidrex you would pay appr. 550 USD at the moment, however we believe that direct current cannot provide the best , smoothest ,optimized iontophoresis therapy avialable like pulsed current devices can...
The Iontophoresis machine you have now looks a bit like a toytrain transformer, so i dont believe it is a good quality.

With a Hidrex PSP you would surely be able to handle over 50 Volts with the same feeling you have now.

Is there also a electric fence effect with this device?

Where are you located?

Also 25 Volts in maximum is very low, compared to the outputs from our machines - max. 60

If you have no success with it, then it is mostly because you can't reach the Iontophoresis threshold, ( below sweating - above, sweat free ).

It is normal that you can only stand low currents with a direct current device, so it is no surprise to us.

If it hurts, go down with the currents!

We wish you the best with your machine, maybe it will work for you!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply! I have been trying to post all day and it just now let me. Anyways, I very much appreciate your time. Yes, it has had an electric fence feel a few times if I used it incorrectly and I do feel a tingle and cannot go super high in voltage. I pray that it is high enough as it is my only option right now. No matter, that pain is easier to tolerate than sweating if it works you know? I have not seen a Hidrex for $550 USD? On your site the cheapest is 669 Euro? $550 is still too high for me but is more attainable than 700$ USD +. Our income is very fixed and it would take months and months to save that much, although I realize it is not that way for everyone. I would have chosen a pulsed machine if it were an option for me. I know others are like me, and will post back if this works as some option (if it works!) is better than sweating you know? I am in United States, Tennessee. I am no electrician and don't understand all the components of voltage etc. The kit I received I am very impressed with.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I notice a slight decrease in the sweating of my hands! Yesterday I was sweating more than usual so perhaps this is working! I will update.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update two. My hands are dry except for the tips of my fingers and my feet are 90% dry on sole but I am still sweating on my toe tops, sides of feet/ankles. What size sock do you all use to treat these areas? A regular ankle sock covers the top of my feet and I don't need that, and the little footie socks are not all cotton..

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just wondering how's it been so far after 3 months? I just saw this Iontoderma on sale but a little skeptical if it would really work...
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think it works really well, too tiny and painful direct current

Adam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Hidrex DVP1000 vs Idromed Reply with quote

I read about Hidrex that it has something called Variable Pulsed Current (the efficiency of direct current with the comfort of pulsed current). How does this work and what's your experience with that type of current?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take a look here: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/differences-in-idromed-hidrex-iontophoresis-machines-t378.html

Proverbs31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hi, just wondering how's it been so far after 3 months? I just saw this Iontoderma on sale but a little skeptical if it would really work...

Yes it works great. I got pregnant and had to take a break for 9 months but have started again and it works once again for me. If, like me, that's the most you can afford I would buy it! They have discounts often and it's a very nice product. Their support is great too. It took about 10-12 days of 20 minute treatments when I started the first time. WhenI started again after pregnancy I did 40 minute treatments and saw results in 6-7 days. It was such a good buy for me!! PM me if you have questions.
Swampfoot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Iontoderma and it works great. I also have tried everything else with zero help. Finally looked into iontophoresis and decided to give it a try. Researched and found that there is no controlled studies of data to confirm pulse offers better results then direct current. In fact direct may be stronger due to being 100% all the time. But thats a different subject. All I know is that this devise saved me from a life of hell and works so well I cant even believe it myself. When I received, I did 20min sessions and switched polarity and did 20min more. At about the 10th day my feet were dry. I continued everyday for 1 more week. Since then, all I need now is 1 session a week and my feet are 90% dry with socks and shoes on and 100% dry when bare foot or in sandals or just socks. A real miracle for me. I had the same results as op, great customer service, purchased Sun eve, got it in my Tuesday mail. Emails replied to asap and they even refunded me $100 as it went on a special 1 week sale the day after I purchased. Im sure the devises admin is referring to work really good to, just wanted to relay my experience. Tnx
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure there is a study, made in Wuppertal Germany by Prof. Hoelzel: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7558823/

In this case study it is shown that a pulse of 4,7 kilo hertz is preventing success for 2 of the users
With 10 kilo hertz it was the same result with 20% longer treatment times and significant low side effects.
Hidrex and Idromed use 10 kilo hertz.
The used iontophoresis device in this study was a 50% fix pulse width, this explains the slight increased treatment time.
Idromed uses a 90% pulse, Hidrex can be switched from 50-90% in 10% steps.
This leads to.significant reduced treatment times due to higher currents and less side effects ( there is anothee study stating parts of this statement ).
Study criticism and discussion: In the study the lower side effects was not used to increase the current, it was made with the same current strength. This explains why there are stated higher treatment times isread of the much lower ones in real life.

The biggest study made are the many cases our customer are very, very lucky compared to other manufacturers after using them without success, or with extreme long treatment times.

If the device you have now works for you, then you can call yourself lucky. This doesn't mean that it is the same for others users and it does not mean you reached the end of what is possible. Maybe you must only treat with a better device only 1 time 20 minutes a month.
The users of Idromed and Hidrex are confident with 1-2 treatments a week 10-15 minutes.. and this is miles away from treatment times with other devices.
Also your devicd has a electric fence effect...
Kn ghis case you spend too much cause this oldschool technic is outdated -it has the technical approach of a simple toytrain travo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist