iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Ionto: Can I exceed the maximum values stated in the manuals

support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Ionto: Can I exceed the maximum values stated in the manuals Reply with quote

The Iontophoresis devices from Hidrex and Dr. Hoenle (Idromed) are limited in current to the maximum that the medical law allows, this means:
You could treat hands or even armpits with 25 mA direct current - but this would be absolutely too high for everyone, no one could stand such a high current for underarm treatments, indeed you would have a high or higher risk of burns.

The maximum values are given as " a rough idea" for the current setup. If you would say that "there is no limit" maybe a first time user would test it out and set the machine to full power.

Regarding sweaty hands: the skin of the hands is normally thicker , so let me explain it for an area that is more sensitive: sweaty armpits.

For the treatment of armpit sweating, there is a certain maximum bandwith. The manufacturer of the Idromed states: it is 5 mA max for the armpits.

Does this really make sense for everyone?I would say no, but the maximum values are a border.

For one person this border is too high, for another it is not too high .

If you wish to go up you have to be extremely careful. You should be checking the condition of your skin in the beginning every minute, then every 2nd, 3rd , 5th, so on... .If you are experienced and it works for you without problems, then it is not your border.

For one who could only stand 2 mA for the armpits (or any other skin area) without risking burns, it is nonsense to state 5 mA, the same for someone who can stand 8 mA.
Conclusion: The maximum values given for Iontophoresis are only a reminder to be very careful when setting up high currents. Iontophoresis based on the skin sensitivity, increasing with the skin thickness.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist