Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Interested in the Hidrex PSP 1000 or the Idromed 5PC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Interested in the Hidrex PSP 1000 or the Idromed 5PC Reply with quote

I am considering buying a machine for my 21 year old son. I am interested in the Hidrex PSP 1000 or the Idromed 5PC. He has hyperhidrosis of the hands and feet. He is a unversity student and usually travel home for breaks by airplane. I would like a machine that is good for travel and easy to use in a university dorm room. With his busy school schedule it should be convenient to use and store. But most of all the machine should get him the best results. In reading the discriptions both machines can be used to treat hands and feet at the same time. For the Hidrex how would that be done? The machine has separate settings for the hands and feet. Should I buy the stainless steel or aluminum electrodes for ease of use? Do you sell extra towels? Can the towels be washed and put in a dryer? Is the plug made for US use or does it come with an adapter?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your interest in our products.
Bot machines are in our eyes miles ahead of our competitors .The best on the market at the moment! Read more about this under --> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/features-of-our-iontophoresis-devices-t113.html The Idromed 5 PC is very, very easy to use (preset therapy session timer of 15 minutes, current is shown in mA, only pulsed current available), the Hidrex PSP1000 is a bit more complicated to use than the Idromed (therapy session timer can be set individually from 1 to 60 minutes, current shown in Volt, more setting options than the Idromed, can be driven either in direct current or in pulsed current mode with different pulse width settings, depending of which area you have to treat). The most important thing is to choose a pulsed current device, which one, whether the Idromed or the Hidrex, is more a matter of taste.
Both devices can be transported and stored, the Hidrex case is a little bit smaller and the set is a little bit lighter than the Idromed.
Yes, both devices, Idromed and Hidrex, allow a simultaneous treatment of hands and feet! If (for example) the feet need to be treated at a higher mA setting, then it would be better to treat feet and hands separately (as the current will be distributed over 2 hands and 2 feet becoming weaker). There is unfortunately no way to treat them simultaneously with different settings.
Concerning the electrodes, if your son is not allergic to nickel or chrome, then we would recommend to choose the stainless steel electrodes as they`re easier to clean and they last longer than the aluminium electrodes. If you choose the Idromed with stainless steel electrodes, the aluminium electrodes are also included in the set, so you will receive 2 pairs (this could be an advantage if he has to travel a lot, as he can avoid carrying the electrodes from one place to the other), If you prefer the Hidrex you will have to choose between stainless steel and aluminium.
Of course, you can buy extra towels as well as other add ons or spare parts from us. Also, the towels can be washed and put in a dryer.
If you choose the Idromed the plug will come with an adapter, if you choose the Hidrex it will come with a US-plug.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Kind regards,

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. After showing my son the two machines he decided on the Hidrex PSP 1000 with the stainless steel electrodes. I would like to buy him another set of towels. How would I add that to the order? From reading the forum I understand the treatment is trial and error. However, do the instructions come with recommended settings and schedule for treating the hands and the feet? Also if we decide to visit another country, would we be able to purchase another plug for the machine to use either in the UK or Europe? The forum has been very helpful. The answers to questions on use of the machines has been very helpful in deciding to order and try the treatment.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!

The towels are not yet in the shop, but you can just order the step-up transformer:
( https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/iontophoresis/step-up-transformator-110-to-240-v-2.html )
and write in the field "comments" that, as agreed, you wish an extra pair towels instead. Of course, the instruction manual is included and it will tell you the recommended settings and schedule for treating hands and feet (you will also find a lot of helpful information in the customer only section of the forum! We provide a full support service, through our hyperhidrosis forum here, through e-mail or even by phone).
Regarding the plug, you will be able to purchase another one. You can choose between US-, EU- and UK-plug (an extra plug costs 15 €).

If you have any further questions, just ask. Smile

Last edited by support on Tue May 26, 2015 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for an iontophoresis machine for home use. I'm living in Singapore and would like to find out which power option should I choose? I am looking at either the idromed 5 pc or hidrex psp 1000. Could you advice me on the difference btw the 2 machines?

thank you.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in our products.
For Singapore you will need the UK plug.
For further information about the machines, take a look at the posts above and at this link: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/differences-in-idromed-hidrex-iontophoresis-machines-t378.html

Last edited by support on Tue May 26, 2015 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Guest143

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: plug type and delivery timeframe to Philippines Reply with quote

what plug do I choose if I'm ordering from the Philippines... and how soon will I receive the package after I confirm the order?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
In the Philippines you should choose the US-plug or the EU-plug.
Please allow up to 10 days for the delivery. Keep in mind that clearing customs also may take a few days (customs time is not included in our delivery time).
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Sarah Knight1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I currently have the Hidrex PSP 500 but recently have noticed it isn't as effective anymore.
I have probably had the machine for 4 years so am looking at buying a new one but don't know which to go for. I have been looking at the Idromed 5PS or the Hidrex PSP 1000, can you tell me the difference and which one I would be best to go for.
I must say up until now the machine I have has been brilliant, I can't believe it actually worked!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this link does not help you out --> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/differences-in-idromed-hidrex-iontophoresis-machines-t378.html to give you good advice i need to know how you treat at the moment (also please login as a user and not as a guest, so that others can see it is not a fake...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> General obscurities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist