Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Initially dry, after 5 months of use I sweat again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
Jarevalo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Initially dry, after 5 months of use I sweat again Reply with quote

i got a idromed 5PS

I have the Pulse current machine Idromed 5PS and treat both, my sweaty hands and feet

Initial Treatment was 14 days. I so the maintenance for almost 5 months now since i started, after 14 days i did the treatment every other day cycle, then twice a week cycle,then once a week. I treat 15 minutes every treatment/once per day with iontophoresis with 25mA for both hands and feet (maximum) The everyday 14 days treament,then every other day(a total of 21 days) treatment showed up to 87% dryness for both hands and feet.
The first 14 days treatment hurts so badly in my hands and even made a tiny open skin in my right palm,my hands look so dry and cracked. The first 14 days was so tingly and the open skin on my palm had become bigger wound which feels kind of biting everytime i do the treament,so i put petroleum jelly. On both palms had cracked and on the right had open skin which resulted to wound. I use Petroleum Jelly to only affected areas.
I treat hands and feet simultaneously and sweat on the soles,sides,palms,between toes and fingernails. My water level is high enough to cover the white part my palms and feet.
I only use Vaseline lotion for men after treament to soften the rough skin. I take only vitamin C.
I regularly used our Ionized water from our kangen machine which is connected to faucet tap water, and the results were very good.When i started to experience sweating is coming back after 3 months of use, I switched to pure tap water but there is nothing have changed. We have the Ionizer machine(Kangen machine) we used for drinking,but we do also have a good source of tap water in our house we used for bathing and washing clothes.

Please help, Thanks
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I can't understand is:

Why did you make pauses in the therapy pauses after the initial phase when you are not 100% dry?

Cracked skin : this is when the upper skin is too dry from doing too much (too long or too strong) treatments, for this use a good skin care cream.
https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/iontophoresis/current-care.html
Have you been using hand cream ?

If I understand you right you say that you are now round 85% dry , right?

If you want to get more: better skin care with more time or higher current (for higher current, hands and feet must be treated seperately) and water down to 2 mm over the grids should lead you to more success.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Sun May 19, 2013 10:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jarevalo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Problems after 5 months of use Reply with quote

I did not pause during the 14 days initial treatment.When i answered 87% this was a total of 21 days treatment in general, though it was I would say 100% good results for the 1st 14 days initial.Sorry if you misunderstand my answer.
When i get a cracked skin,i normally use Petroleum Jelly to cover it and after treatment,I used a regular Vaseline lotion to soothe my skin after treatment.Did you mean the water level should be 2mm above the grid regardless of your feet and hands size? I tried to do a separate treatment for my hands and feet,but when i started to do my feet it won't go up to 25mA even if i set it to that level of current.Sometimes it stays only at 23 then go down to 21mA.Please give me a good advice.

Thanks
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The depth of the water does not matter for the size of the hands, it matters where you sweat
2 mm is top for the "soles" and 1+2 cm above the water level, if you sweat on top another water setting may be more useful .

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-high-shall-i-fill-in-the-water-in-the-trays-t145.html

if it only "walks" to 23 your body resistance is too high, you can do this:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/device-doesnt-start-stays-at-0-ma-reaches-not-25-ma-max-t29.html

Last edited by support on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jarevalo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Problems after 5 months os used Reply with quote

I now have achieved the 25mA of current by using warm water.I am gonna follow your advice and will do another experiment starting today until the end of this month the everyday initial cycle. Here's my new treatment program:

1.) I now use the warm water to lower the resistance of water.
2.) Proper water level (2mm above soles) or 3 to 4 mm if desired.
3.) I am using the separate method both hands for 15mA for 15 minutes, and both feet at 25mA for another 15 minutes.

Please let me know if you have something important to add to this program.I will let you know the result by the end of this month.

Thanks
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good at first sight - but remember: only if the skin allows this and only if it does not hurt.

Last edited by support on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any updates?

Jarevalo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Initially dry, after 5 months of use I sweat again Reply with quote

Only followed the desired mA settings for hands and for feet with warm water, and everything seems fine until now.We are currently doing it now w/ 3 days interval.

Thanks,
JR
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very good to hear. Keep it up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: