Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Hidrex PSP or Idromed 5 PC - that is the question

marci

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Hidrex PSP or Idromed 5 PC - that is the question Reply with quote

I know that you have helped many people, so I ask for your advice, which decision will be better for me.

I bought Idromed 5 PC from local distributor of dr. hoenle (the reason was the price). But I realized that they can't me provide as excellent support as your company.
So now I'm struggling with what decision make...

1. I can keep this Idromed device, and buy support from your site.
2. I can send back Idromed device to the retailer, and buy Hidrex PSP 1000 from your site (retailer give me this optoion for 14 days after buying).

From my point Hidrex has two advantages:
1. Timer can be set not only for 15 minutes.
And (the main reason) is:
2. Hidrex give me possibility to switch to DC. I know, that these are extremely rare cases, when the DC is needed (and probably only in feet cases), but you offer option of chainging PC device to DC device for some reasons, right?
So I think Hidrex will be more secure option, am I right?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which retailer was it? if you can give it back, i would do it and switch to a hidrex for the reason of the timer.

To your questions: Yes for sure you can buy the support from our side ---> https://www.iontodevice.com/iontophoresis/priority-support.html

If you want to keep the Idromed and it makes sense (price) to add our support then you are fine with this.
If it is more costy for you in the end, i would send the device back to where i got it and reorder new from our site.

To the advantages you are right that the timer can be set to individual times from 0-59 minutes
Normaly a iontophoresis session takes 15 minutes. If you want to do it longer you would have to switch on the machine once more.

Also for the Hidrex, i do not know anyone who takes the direct mode.. the option that we give (for the Idromed) that you could switch from pulsed to direct without costs for you is to keep you calm that you have made the best desicion and choice. Indeed we have had only 1 case in the last 15 years who took and needed this option, so the offer is something that normally is not taken.
On the contrary , we have had many exchanges from direct to pulsed current. It is something like a one way road...
Here the Idromed and the Hidrex are compared to each other

As to the main reason: To treat with direct current at the feet, normally no one can stand the maximum the devices can deliver, so it is better to treat in pulsed mode at 54 Volt max, than to treat at 35 Volts in direct current mode.

Please take a deeper look into the theme:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/why-we-recommend-a-pc-machine-rather-than-a-dc-machine-t957.html

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/iontophoresis-pulsed-current-better-than-direct-current-t139.html

There are only a few rare cases where we think that Direct Current wins over Pulsed :
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/cases-when-direct-current-is-more-effective-than-pulsed-t833.html
To read more about the effectivity of the 2 iontophoresis current forms

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
marci

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the comprehensive answer.

I have two questions.

1. It is 'unhealthy' for the Idromed, to off the device when the session is not ended? For example, if I want 20 minutes therapy, off the device after 5 minutes of second session?
2. You have written, that Hidrex can reach 54V in pulsed current mode. Does it have weaker IontoFactor in pulsed mode than Indromed? 54V * 30mA = 1620 IontoFactor, and Idromed 25mA * 72V = 1800 IontoFactor.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To 1 : no problem
To 2 : through the fact idromed states peak values (hidrex states average values) you have to take away 10% , and in tge end you have the same iontofactor

marci

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand. So when I use Hidrex in 50% pulse width, the peak value still will be 60V, but because it displays average values it will display 50% * 60V = 30V, right? : )
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats correct

support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other this is, you cant say that that or this device (Hidrex to Idromed .. NOT other brands!!) is better for you, it is worth a trial, some who had no success with the Hidrex PSP1000 have one when they switch to the Idromed 5 PC - in some cases we do this, when we have the people in the priority support and we have done all the little things you can do - AND it points that a switch could be helpful -- we offer this at no costs for the customers, cause in the end there is a high chance to get the problems childs sweat free with this last action

and for some it is the opposite, they have a idromed 5PC , treat with no success, and then after switching to a Hidrex PSP1000 they get the success they wanted ...
the 2 devices are driven completly differnet, whan you look onto them you think in the first way: current is current, pulsed is pulsed ... it is not - if it would be like this, you can go ahead and buy a lantern battery 6V in the diy store for some bucks and have approximate the iontophoreis machine that so many others want to sell you --- this is miles away from a good and well optimized iontophresis therapy, causes long treatmetn times and in the 60% of cases: Does not work like this

marci

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the other words you do all what you can to provide success for your customers?

In the worst case the path is: device A -> device B -> money return ?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device change is an option that can be taken if it makes sense. However you must not go through the priority support with all options to mainain our money back promise! So, you can send back the iontophoresis machines for Money back at any time you like to stop trying out iontophoresis
If you want to really get rid of hyperhidrosis we will try to do all what we can do ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist