Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Fisher failed, trying Hidrex GS400

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
brosh

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Fisher failed, trying Hidrex GS400 Reply with quote

I have previously tried the Fisher DC model for approximately 1 month of daily treatment with no success. I am purchasing your equipment in the hopes of success with a longer trial, perhaps with improved technique (did not get much help from the Fisher team in terms of support). I bought the DC device because I was able to tolerate quite high voltages without discomfort last time around....

Last time these were my approximate settings for my daily treatments (~25 days):
Direct current of 20-30mamp (depending on tolerance but usually 25-30)
treating my feet simultaneously, for 20-30 minutes at each polarity.
I used very little water in each tray--maybe about 1cm depth. The
water was tap water from Philadelphia.

After about 1 month I added glyco for a week to no effect. Then I
added baking soda for abotu a week without effect. Then I returned
the device.

My main concern is repeating mistakes that I making the first time
around. Is there any use in using bottled water? I have heard that
Evian works well (even though expensive, could reuse)?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh , is there a trial period for this device too? Havent heard of it. I donĀ“t think they will be happy giving their money back..
I see that you ordered a Hidrex 400 direct current Iontophoreiss unit. The Hidrex is not compareable to other machines (ok to the Idromed it is...), even when the old device states 30 mA, you will be surprised when you switch a Hidrex psp to Direct Current mode (100% pulse width=direct iontophoresis current) and dialing 60 Volts, you will not be able to stand it. We are talking about a different league here.
Maybe you are the first who can stand this and i would say: in this case we'll exchange the psp against a Hidrex 400 gs model wihtout ANY costs to you.
What is surprising is that Ionto with Glyco did not work for you. However, I think that you have not reached your personal Iontophoresis breakthrough level that is needed to get the therapy working.
Please read the quote of the following post --> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/features-of-our-iontophoresis-devices-t113.html - also the next link points to my intention --> https://www.iontodevice.com/about_iontophoresis.htm
for this purpose a pulsed current machine is important to ensure that you have the best possibilities to gain high current levels. Maybe I am wrong, but doing it the other way doesnt seem to make sense, normally everyone keeps the pulsed machine, we have had only one case up to date in the last years that I can remember that was different.

https://www.iontodevice.com/comparing_iontophoresis_units.htm

Evian is not the water - we think it is a "test that it is not the water"
However we have a lot of users in Philadelphia and for them Iontophoresis works without any problems, so I dont think it is the water.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Thu May 21, 2015 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
brosh

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK--I will try the machine at the maximum tolerated level with straight tap water.

My intention was to use for ~20 minutes at each polarity daily (treating feet only) on a daily basis. I have read elsewhere that there may be a phenomenon of excessive treatments that impairs efficacy, but your stance seems to be that you need to reach a dose-intensity threshold in order to achieve effect.

Any thoughts?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/why-auto-reverse-polarity-change-can-cause-longer-treatments-t840.html

https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-often-do-i-have-to-change-the-polarity-t74.html

Yes , you have to exceed your personal threshold, below this line you can treat till the end of your days without having any success.

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: