Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Electric shocks! Please help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
Corina Stoianof

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Electric shocks! Please help! Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been using Idromed 5 GS for almost 1 year and a half and sometimes I am experiencing electric shocks during my treatment. I tried to be as still as possible and not to move my hands, feet or any part of the machine. Despite all this, today I experienced a very strong electric shock (my hands literally started trembling). I stopped the machine, unplugged it, and made sure every cable was properly plugged, then starded the machine again. The moment I introduced my hands and feet into the water, it electrocuted me again, pretty intense! The intensity was set to 12mA. I am afraid to use it again! Please help!

Thank you!

Corina
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have never heard of this before, and it sounds as if the device could be faulty.

There is one instance in which this could occur : if the electrodes are completly full with patina (but this is normally not the case).

just to make sure: did you clean the electrodes?
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/cleaning-and-care-spare-parts-t51.html
You do not "let the hands float above the distance grids" but you place the hands on the grids , you lay them ON the grids without pressure, with only their natural weight

However, I can't find your mail address in our database.Did you buy the device in one of our shops? Just making sure you are not a competitor and want to tell the audience something bad about our iontophoresis machine Wink

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Corina Stoianof

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Electric shocks Reply with quote

My sister bought the device for me, her email address is iuliaxxxxxx

I cleaned and dried the device after every use, however, one of the terminals of the aluminum plate has rusted, where the terminal connects with the plate. But, the rusted terminal was in the plate where I placed my feet, not my hands. I felt the shock in my hands, which were placed in the good plate. Could this be a problem? Like I said, it happened to me before, but not so intensly. Also, I keep my hands and feet on the grid, not floating, not applying presure. Please let me know what I can do.

Thank you!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I found you now you, I x-ed out the mail address from your post... now we are coming closer to the problem... this is something different, I spoke to the technical Iontophoresis service and he told me this: a loose connection can cause the issue you describe, this can be because of the patina or heavy rust at the connection end. when you say rusty, I think you have aluminium plates, right? the connection of the plug on these types (because of the fact they are flat out of the factory -for the idromed- Hidrex and our self manufactored aluminium electrodes are l-shaped and as a result of this we can use screws and nuts instead of bolts)
A kind of rust can occur when:
a) the water is very salty (this is not really good for Iontophoresis)
b) the plates were not dried well enough and/or stored in humidity.
c) rust from the treatments - there is not enough time for corrossion during a treatment
so to prevent this in the future :
a) buy stainless steel electrodes
b) don't like steel - buy L-shaped
c) want original ones: dry them better, do not store them humid, and never let the electrodes soak in the water until the next treatment .

I saw that you ordered the additional stainless steel electrodes, so is it still the same when you try to use them?

Last edited by support on Fri May 22, 2015 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Corina Stoianof

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally forgot that we ordered the additional stainless steel electrodes too! Laughing Embarassed

I will try to use them and see if the problem occures again.

Thank you so much for your prompt replies!
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You`re welcome! Wink
Keep us updated!

redrover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Electric shocks! Please help! Reply with quote

Hey Corina.

It sounds like we are having exactly the same problem. This has also been happening to me for months with the Idromed 5 GS, its so annoying! Its gotta be something wrong with the device manufacturing, the plates or something because Im always so careful with cleaning and storage after use. My only option so far has been to push through the pain.

Have you had any luck finding a solution?? Would love to hear from you.

Matias

Corina Stoianof wrote:
Hello,

I have been using Idromed 5 GS for almost 1 year and a half and sometimes I am experiencing electric shocks during my treatment. I tried to be as still as possible and not to move my hands, feet or any part of the machine. Despite all this, today I experienced a very strong electric shock (my hands literally started trembling). I stopped the machine, unplugged it, and made sure every cable was properly plugged, then starded the machine again. The moment I introduced my hands and feet into the water, it electrocuted me again, pretty intense! The intensity was set to 12mA. I am afraid to use it again! Please help!

Thank you!

Corina
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the plates are clean, then you have to send in the device for a security check

i hope you all lay over the plates the distance grids and then the hands or feet on it - you dont have to press donw the grids, but you have to take care the hands are not free floating above the grids - then sometimes you provoke that a device with efectric fence prevention gives you a shock

--- the iontophoresis device shall never give you a shock - if it does then there must happen something: the idromeds electronic shock prevention works proper, but not in a rare case: If the current flow falls down a lot of times in between a short time (this can happen whe you float the hands or feet, electrodes are rsuty, or full of patina, the power cord is faulty, the cables connections are patinated so on so on...) then the device safty power consumpting unit is full and then it gives you the thing known as electric fence effect - although it is mildered a lot of times due to the security circuit....

make sure it is nothing of th eabove, else, send us in the device for a check

surprising all of you have a gs device, although we sell as good as none of them (mostly pulsed ones are bought) - also i will check your emailadresses if you are really existing customers and not a fake users from some competitors we have... normally we have as good as no reclamations ...

support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear redrover, like i thought, i cannot find you in our database, please give me the serial-number of the device, so that we can see it is a real, and not a fake problem

Sherlock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Electric Shocks ! Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same problem and its painful and scary. Did you find any solution?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: