Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Connection between vegetarianism and hyperhidrosis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion

Where you raised vegetarian or vegan?
No
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
:

newyork

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Connection between vegetarianism and hyperhidrosis? Reply with quote

Sweating in the extremities is a common symptom of vitamin B12 deficiency. Is it possible that having a B12 deficiency in childhood can lead (or contribute) to the development of primary hyperhidrosis, which cannot be reversed by correcting the deficiency in adulthood?

Non-meat eaters typically have low B12 levels unless they get regular supplementation. I was raised a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I found out when I was 20 years old that I had a significant B12 deficiency.

It could be useful--for informing research on, and treatment of, hyperhidrosis--to establish whether non-meat eaters have a higher rate of the condition.

My question to readers of this forum with hyperhidrosis: Where you raised vegetarian or vegan?
mikaelen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think this is necessarily a selection criteria for those who suffering from this disease. I have always eaten meat and animal products, I actually eat everything if I like, so I remain to my theory that it is a disorder of the sympathetic nervous system.
It would be interesting to find out the opinion to the other forum participants .
newyork

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Clarification Reply with quote

I am not suggesting that all cases of hyperhidrosis might be caused by B12 deficiency, or that all vegetarians (who have high rates of such deficiency) develop the condition. I am suggesting that perhaps being raised with a B12 deficiency increases the risk of developing hyperhidrosis. If enough people respond to my poll, we can compare the percentage of vegetarians among the respondents with the percentage of vegetarians in the general population. If there is a difference, we can conduct a test to determine whether it is statistically significant. Unfortunately, people on this forum do not seem interested in responding to the poll--so if there is a link between vegetarianism and hyperhidrosis we are probably not going to discover it here.
baud13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i believe that it is a disorder of the sympathetic nervous system as many vegetarians i know have no problem at all. plus it has to do with anxiety levels as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Sweating Hyperhidrosis Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist