Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

Compensatory sweating from ets surgery for hyperhidrosis

benjy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Compensatory sweating from ets surgery for hyperhidrosis Reply with quote

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing an iontophoresis device for use on my back and chest areas, because I have compensatory sweating from ets surgery for hyperhidrosis. I read a study that said that iontophoresis can reduce compensatory sweating on the trunk area of the body, so I wanted to ask if you have any experience with anyone using your device on the back and chest areas? If so, do you know if the results were positive?

If you do think that iontophoresis could help reduce the sweating I'm experienceing, which machine and attachments would you recommend I buy? (I know you recommend the pulsed current machine normally, so I assume it would be the same for use on the back and chest) I saw some large pads listed on this site or sweating.com which I assume would be used for large areas, but it also seemed that I would need a different sized plug or cable to use with the pads, so I wanted to check with you for your recommendation for what I would need.

Thank you very much in advance for your help, it is greatly appreciated. Compensatory sweating has really been a big problem for me, so I'd be very happy if I can find something that can at least diminish it...
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had reports of both positive and negative experiences from other customers in the past. Compensatory sweating after ETS surgery against Hyperhidrosis is a widely known side effect , so we ask ourselves how anyone can do this or accept the risk to have such a surgery BEFORE giving Iontophoresis a try. However in answer to your questions: Iontophoresis has the aibility to reduce the sweat level in the treated parts, no matter what the cause of the sweat, so if it is through sports, humidity, Hyperhidrosis, medicals, drugs, alcohol etc....
In general it is easier to treat thick skin parts with Iontophoresis rather than sensitive ones - in your case back and chest.
The thinner the skin, the lower the current that can be used and the sweat relief breakpoint might never reached.
--> https://www.iontodevice.com/about_iontophoresis.htm

So in your case ,we would not only recommend a pulsed current machine, we would recommend the maximum in adjustability of the current to drive the highest possible current with the best current feeling, and at the moment we are absolutly sure this is the hidrex psp

We have special applicators for the back and chest areas https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/iontophoresis/big-special-applicator.html
maybe they are too big (depends on your size) so under this applicator link
there is also a smaller one available.
Maybe you can also send questions to this user:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/advice-to-treat-truncal-back-and-chest-sweating-t995.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:22 am; edited 7 times in total
benjy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Markus,

Thanks a lot for the info, I really appreciate it. The CS has been bad enough that I'll give ionotophoresis a try if there's a chance it will even reduce the sweating somewhat. (unfortunately when I had the ets surgery the doctor completely underestimated the chance and possible severity of the compensatory sweating--if I had really known I wouldn't have done it). And I hoped the procedure would solve the hyperhidrosis permanently, and iontophoresis had only provided some relief, possibly due to either the brand of machine I used, or maybe even the water in New York (I never knew such detailed info about things like how the water type can affect the results, as you have on your site, which is really excellent and very thorough).

Anyway, obviously what's done is done, and if there's any chance iontophoresis could reduce the sweating I've experienced, I'd like to try it. I'll definitely order the machine you recommend--it seems like stainless steel is better, so I'll order that one. And in terms of additions and attachments, will I just need the pads you recommend? Is the iontophoresis lotion good? If you recommend using it I'll try that as well.

And for using the machine, I guess I should start with Volvic water as you recommend in your post on water? If you have any other recommendations or tips for what I should do or order, please let me know.

And lastly, in terms of shipping, can you tell me which carrier you use to the U.S. (I live in New York)? I assume I'll have to be home to sign for the package, and there will be a tracking number I can check to know when I need to be home?

Thanks again for your help Markus, I really appreciate it--it's great that you have such a thorough website and knowledge of iontophoresis, it's good to know that you can advise me on which machines and methods are best to use and try.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

You're welcome!
Yes, we would recommend you the Hidrex PSP with the special applicator to treat back and chest area (you can choose between big and small):
https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/iontophoresis/big-special-applicator.html
https://www.iontodevice.com/sweating/iontophoresis/small-special-applicator.html
If you don't have to treat hands and/or feet, you won't need to order the stainless steel electrodes.
The Current Care lotion is ideal for the care after the iontophoresis therapy.

Normally, at the beginning, people start with normal tap water… if the therapy works with tap water they don't have to buy Volvic.
As soon as we have received your order, you will get access to the closed section of our forum: there you will find a lot of useful information.

Concerning shipping, we deliver via DHL. Of course, you will receive a shipping confirmation from us with track number. Please note that once the package is handed over to the customs in the country of destination - your country - you will be able to track the package with your local postal service, which is responsible for the dlivery of your package to your doorstep.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Iontophoresis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Users Memberlist