Forum for Excessive Sweating and Hyperhidrosis
Imprint

iontodevice.com
Iontophoresis vs. Hyperhidrosis

Buy an iontophoresis device

Forum for Iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

RegisterRegister  

45 treatments and still no success

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyperhidrosis Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board
chrisgafford

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: 45 treatments and still no success Reply with quote

I have the Hidrex PS 500. I have gone through 45 treatments now in 45 days days. I have not missed a single treatment and have had no success at all. The sweating on my feet has not improved even a little bit. I started out doing 15 minute treatments at 30 on the power. (not sure if that's mA or what.) After 30 treatments with no success, I changed to doing 40 minute treatments with the power turned up to 60. It usually tops out at 32 - 35. The water level is low. I believe the water is not the problem. We have notoriously hard water in West Texas so I don't believe that will be the issue. I have read all the suggestions and tips on your site but none of them seem to help. I am seriously considering returning the machine and asking for a refund. I know that they boast a 97% success rate but since NOTHING else has worked for me, I don't find it hard to believe that I'm part of that 3%.

Is there any help you can give me or advice that you can offer that would make me reconsider returning the machine?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: hi chris Reply with quote

Hi chris,
Please answer these questions:
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/no-limited-success-after-3-weeks-as-stated-in-the-manual-t81.html

Rental plan for iontophoresis

Buy your own home therapy iontophoresis device!

You can reach us from 9am to 5pm !Board time!
mail: info-at-iontophoresisdevice.com

Iontophoresis: WE CARE!

Last edited by support on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
chrisgafford

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Answer to questions Reply with quote

Hidrex PS 500
Treating feet. (main problem is on right foot only but I treat both.)
I treat with Pulsed current.
Initial treatment has been done for 45 days with no missed day.
For the first 30 days I did 20 minutes with power set at 30. For the last 15 days, I have done 40 minute treatments with power set at 40 but it usually tops out between 32 and 35
The sweating has not decreased at all. Certainly can't put a percentage on it.
The therapy does not hurt. It has a slight tingling feeling for the first 1 minute but nothing after that.
I have no blisters, cracks, or injures.
I do not use any sort of lotion or cream on my feet.
The sweating is on the bottom of my right foot. Mainly on the heel and under the toes.
the water in the trays is just barely deep enough to come about halfway up my toes. It is not more than about 1/2 inch deep.
I have not added anything to the water. I do not take any vitamins, etc.
I do take an oral medication called Tramadol a couple times a day.
I tried the homemade iontophoresis machine for a couple weeks with limited success.
The water has not changed since then. We do not have a water softener. Actually, West texas has very hard water. (you really can't even wash your vehicle with it because it leaves a nasty white film.)

I think that's all the info you have asked for. Let me know if you have other questions.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Chris, for the feet with the hidrex 500 , even when it does not hurt and when you don't have a success ,it is recommended to switch to a direct current, the ps 500 ca deliver in pulsed mode only a limited current that may not be suitable for sweating feet (the hidrex psp 1000 is different and can deliver much more) look at
https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/how-to-adjust-the-perfect-pulsed-setting-for-hidrex-psp1000-t748.html

switching down to pulsating current will give more power (max. 60 V compared to 32-35 like you experienced the limitation of the 500)

If this leads to a sensation that you cannot stand (while having no success in a sweat reduction) we can exchange the 500 against a Hidrex PSP1000 that can deliver more
accoring to https://www.iontodevice.com/about_iontophoresis.htm

Last edited by support on Thu May 21, 2015 10:09 am; edited 4 times in total
chrisgafford

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: direct current Reply with quote

I switched to the direct current last night. However, i was only able to turn it up to about 33 without a severe burning sensation in certain parts of my heel. (There area that is sweating and has pitted, white skin.) I assume that this isn't doing me any better than the pulsed current was at 33. I can continue to try if you wish but the pulsed current is the reason I spent the money on this machine to begin with. I used the home machine for a while but stopped because it was so uncomfortable. I'm really not satisfied with having to use direct current and go through that uncomfortableness again.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not want that you do something that hurts. However it is easy: if Iontophoresis is uncomfortable for you with direct currrent it doesn't make sense to go ahead with it.

There are only few factors that can be manipulated:
one is the frequency- how often you use it in one day.
2nd the current level.
3rd the treatment time.

Increasing one of these factors will normally lead to a higher sweat reduction.

If the "Iontophoresis" dose you have now is enough to break your individual sweat relief threshold it is maybe worth a try to increase one or both of the other factors as long as the skin is ok.

If you can stand more current but are not able to get it out of the machine, for the hidrex 500 there is a little hint to get more out of the machine at the end of this post:
--> https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/device-voltage-does-not-reach-the-desired-setting-t316.html

If it works and this is enough to break your individual sweat relief threshold all is ok, if not we can offer you an exchange to a hidrex ps1000.

To find out more about the "magic individual level" of sweat relief breakpoint you can visit this

Last edited by support on Thu May 21, 2015 10:12 am; edited 12 times in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear C'hris,
Any updates? havent heard from you a long time...

Last edited by support on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total
chrisgafford

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: still no success Reply with quote

I apologize for being absent for so long. It's been a busy time at my house. My wife had a baby recently. He is 3 months old tomorrow. Needless to say it has been hectic at our house. I did continue to try different tips and tricks that you told me about for a month after our previous conversation. All together, I did the treatment on my feet for over 3 months straight without missing a single treatment. I'm sad to say that I still had absolutely no success. I never did take you up on your offer to trade machines because I have just been so busy. At this point, I am very skeptical that anything will work for me. Also, considering the lack of time I have to put into treatments and the lack of success I have had, I think I am just interested in seeing about getting a refund. The machine was sent with a money back guarantee. I think that 3 solid months worth of effort and experimentation is sufficient to say that it is not going to work for me. What steps can I take in order to return the machine and get a refund? That's really what I'm interested in at this point.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chris,
No problem.. and congratulation! Wink

We are really sorry that you have not achieved success so far. If you want, we can make a last attempt: we can send you the new machine from Hidrex, the PSP1000, maybe this device will work for you.. If not, you can send us both machines together and get a refund, no problem. Just let us know how to proceed. Thank you.

chrisgafford

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: refund Reply with quote

While I do greatly appreciate all your help and your generous offer to send the PS1000, I think I would really just like a refund. I have given it a solid effort and there has been no change at all. With the new baby, I simply don't have the ability to give it any more time. Life is very busy right now so I will have no option other than to live with the sweaty feet for a little while longer. Once things slow down a little bit, I will buy the PS1000 from you and give it a try. For right now though, the best thing would be for me to return the machine I have for a refund.

Can you please give me directions on how to return it to you? If you will provide the address and directions on how you want it packed and mailed, etc., I will put it in the mail this coming week. Then once you recieve it you can refund the purchase price to my credit card or however else y'all do that.

Thanks again for your help.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, no problem. Please follow these instructions: https://www.iontodevice.com/hyperhidrosis/i-want-to-send-the-device-back-for-money-back-t173.html

chrisgafford

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Return sent today Reply with quote

I put the machine in the mail today. I sent it Priority mail and insured for $500 as that was the max allowed. It should arrive in Germany in about 5-7 business days according to the post office worker. I have a tracking number if the package doesn't arrive in a timely manner. Let me know if you need anything else. Otherwise, I will be looking forward to speaking with you once you recieve the machine.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright, we will let you know once the machine arrives. Smile

Last edited by support on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chris,
We received your device yesterday! We will proceed with the refund, this will take a few days.
Please keep us updated and should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Last edited by support on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
chrisgafford

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Just checking progress Reply with quote

I see that y'all recieved the machine about a week ago from today. I hope all was in order and packaged correctly. There were a lot of instructions on how to return it so I was nervous that I would do part of it wrong. Hopefully all went well.

I just wanted to check the status of the refund and see where we were. Let me know please. Thanks.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are out of office times, so I can't check the status, but iIwould say if you haven't heard something negative then the device is very proper and allright and we will refund it surely the same day it is in/was checked.

But the refund will take some days till it appears in your creditcard account (the credit card companies sometimes work with the refunded money and will release it after 2 or 3 weeks, but be assured: it will come, and it is not up to us as to how long they keep the money till they release it to your accounts).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Excessive Sweating Forum -> Problems with the treatment - No / only little / partial success board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: